DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Aux bottom light

drak53

Reactions
Does anybody know if there is a way to turn on the auxiliary bottom light when using a smart controller? Using it makes the drone easier to spot and track at the higher altitudes. Thanks....

choose one of the programmable buttons, I have, one of the underside ones, can switch between on/off/auto, been a while since I done it, you'll find out how to do it in the manual

Does anybody know if there is a way to turn on the auxiliary bottom light when using a smart controller? Using it makes the drone easier to spot and track at the higher altitudes. Thanks....
Yes, use the left side "trigger finger" button on the controller. It does the "ON" - "OFF" - "AUTO" for your AUX light. The right side does you gimble "Straight down" & "Re-centre".

Incidentally, does anyone know if using the bottom light a lot has a noticeable impact on the battery life?

It doesn't. Sensors, lights, etc. use a fraction of the power of the motors themselves. Its comparatively quite negligible.

While you could turn the bottom light on, it is a relatively low powered LED and I doubt that it would be much use spotting your drone at higher elevations in the daylight. I would strongly recommend a good cree strobe. For me, a strobe on the bottom is de rigueur when I fly.

Reactions: Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka