DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Auxiliary/landing light issue - worked fine for a few evening flights, then I swapped batteries and now no joy??

coldbricks

Reactions
Hi all, my auxillary landing light won't light up. This is a 6-day-old Mavic Pro 3 which has been babied since opening, no hard landing or anything of the sort, etc. I am using a landing pad and it can find it still in the dark etc, but after last evenings flight before swapping a battery, the light worked all the way down to the surface. Now it won't turn on at all. I have an RC Pro and the C1 (or is it C2?) shortcut button that was working just fine now no longer actually illuminates the light. It transmits the signal, and on the app it says 'Auxillary Light On' or Auto, or Off, so I know it's toggling fine, but the light itself is not illuminating. I am thinking it may be a hardware/warranty thing but I noticed some people had issues with flicker and such and perhaps they know what is going on. Thank you all. Other than this the drone has been absolutely amazing!!

Can it be switched on/off in one of the fly app menus?
Hi, it can be switched on and off just like it can on the controller button - however despite it toggling the setting, there's no illumination at all. This includes on the ground floor, takeoff, landing, high altitude... No light at all, yet it says "auxiliary light on" when I toggle it in any method.

Hi, it can be switched on and off just like it can on the controller button - however despite it toggling the setting, there's no illumination at all. This includes on the ground floor, takeoff, landing, high altitude... No light at all, yet it says "auxiliary light on" when I toggle it in any method.
Then maybe the LED's are kaput.
If the drone is out of warranty and care refresh etc. perhaps remove the, at a guess, bottom cover and check whether or not any cables have broken or connectors become unseated.

Then maybe the LED's are kaput.
If the drone is out of warranty and care refresh etc. perhaps remove the, at a guess, bottom cover and check whether or not any cables have broken or connectors become unseated.
It's only a week old, so hopefully it will be taken care of if so... that said, I'm still not really convinced it's hardware, as a matter of fact I just remember that there was also a moment after landing without the landing light where the drone for whatever reason switched to camera mode instead of video mode? It struck me as odd because I rarely use camera mode when landing. And I recreated this issue a few times it would switch to camera mode. I also reflashed the firmware to no avail but I had tried that.

Question, with the Mavic 3 Pro do you have a variety on switching options for this light, e.g. automatic, permanently on/off?
If so could it be that you have automatic enabled and it is switching the light on as required.
Those options, or similar, exist with the mavic 2 series.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rudyr