DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Away from home

Gayle Dotts

Reactions
This has happened every time I go from home to fly in front of a possible job prospect. If I am at home it starts right up no questions like hard wire connect or procedures as such. The Mavic air won't connect my controller to my drone and I am left looking stupid. I think it is the internet connection or lack there of at that moment. Happened after hurricane Sally our house lost it's roof and internet was down everywhere. Can I bypass this with the use of that scan sticker?

I think it is the internet connection or lack there of at that moment. Happened after hurricane Sally our house lost it's roof and internet was down everywhere.
The drone has no need for internet connection to fly and many users fly in remote areas or in airplane mode with no internet connection possible.
If it connects at home, it should connect just as well anywhere.

Found a fool proof startup procedure that yes does not need the internet......

ALL WAYS turn on controller first ….

• Connect cable to controller and tablet….
  • Power up controller… then tablet… then MAVIC AIR
  • Open DJI Go4 app….. select Device……MAVIC AIR… Enter Device
  • If Controller is solid RED and Air is blinking YELLOWit is ready for linking!
  • Hold MAVIC AIR rear YELLOW button…(3 seconds until 1 beep is heard).
  • Front MAVIC AIR led will blink RED
  • FLIGHT PAUSE button…FUNCTION button and CUSTOM button….. at same time then release when remote controller makes a beeping sound….. When beeping stops…MAVIC AIR rear is GREEN and controller blinks GREEN…. DONE!!

Once you have a binding between the RC and AC, you should never have to pair again, unless of course you're changing the RC or AC.

The connection between RC and AC should work, even if you have issues with the app. You don't even need the phone to fly, though it does apply altitude and distance limits as if you were in beginner mode.

Without the AC connected, Fly app should show that you're connected to the RC with the USB. However for Android, it may ask what app to use with the discovered USB device. My Galaxy Tab E would notoriously block the connection unless I could establish during tablet power on. That was a nightmare.

The MM1 did have a link/connection problem on one of the early firmware updates, but powering on once without the SD card or SD card formatted externally fixed it.

Found a fool proof startup procedure that yes does not need the internet......
Starting up your drone never needs internet connection.
As mentioned above, once the drone and controller have been linked, you shouldn't need to do that again.
Certainly not before each flight.
The order of turning things on doesn't make much difference.

Simply powering up the phone/tablet, the drone and then the controller should work just fine.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000