Join Us Now

B4UFly and Aloft = Crash City (Android)

RUFFSTUFF

RUFFSTUFF Media
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
www.ruffstuffmedia.com
Trying to get LAANC approval today and Aloft crashes right after opening. Tried on B4UFly and it opens, but as soon as I select LAANC approval (which uses Aloft) it crashes as well. Just updated to Android 12 a few days ago...

Awesome.

Hmm good to know. I'm on Android 11 and my Samsung A51 (Verizon) says I'm up to date. Sorry.

Trying to get LAANC approval today and Aloft crashes right after opening. Tried on B4UFly and it opens, but as soon as I select LAANC approval (which uses Aloft) it crashes as well. Just updated to Android 12 a few days ago...

Awesome.
Try uninstalling and re-installing Aloft. I have Android 12 on a Pixel 4a and Aloft is working fine.

Awesome.
I get weird startup messages when using Aloft app on an older Moto-Z (Android 11) and it can take forever to get a map view - even when connected via wi-fi. I only use it for making sure "safe to fly" and have never had a need for LAANC. I like the B4UFLY web version on my laptop / desktop. Although whomever designed the page for B4UFLY did a crappy job in linking it properly. Once you find your way thru the maze - bookmark it for next time usage.

Awesome.
I spoke with a Tech at aloft. He suggested that both Aloft and Samsung were working on the problem. I have updated to 12 and it still does not work.

ALOFT was good about it, but blamed Samsung and said watch for updates from both companies.

As of this morning, mo resolution.

Using AirMap for now.

Reactions: RUFFSTUFF
I have more than a couple apps now that don't agree with Android 12... Ughh
So far, aloft is my only failure, out of 126 apps. UPDATES ARE BOTH NECESSARY AND DISTURBING. It isxremarkably hard to get through to Samsung..

I'm inclined to agree with Aloft and blame Samsung. I have 254 apps on my Pixel 4a and have not seen any compatibility problems with Android 12 (not that I have tried them all).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gottawonder