DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Batery charge count

HusT

Reactions
Hi. I have 3 battery's for ma2. One if them shows battery charge count zero times. And it's been used atleast 10 times.

I used it at least 10 times from 100 percent to 10 percent
I suggest contacting DJI (or your retailer) about a defective battery then.

Airdata has a count on the battery. I don't think it's on free version. I have the next level up mainly for the battery info. I've had one Battery failure that caused an immediate landing and really spooked me..but even with Airdata I wouldn't have seen it coming. Someone with more knowledge could have.. possibly.

Airdata has a count on the battery. I don't think it's on free version. I have the next level up mainly for the battery info. I've had one Battery failure that caused an immediate landing and really spooked me..but even with Airdata I wouldn't have seen it coming. Someone with more knowledge could have.. possibly.
Yes the free version at Airdata shows the battery charge count. It's under each flight.Screen Shot 2020-08-14 at 1.25.34 AM.png

Last edited:
Is the firmware up todate on the battery...dont know if would affect it but worht checking

I have a brand new bird (MA2) and I've observed that the charge indicator count is not updated if the battery is just charged but not used in the drone. With just charged, I mean the battery being charged for the first time, then stored for X days so that the auto discharge kicks in and then charged back to 100% again.

Some background info:
I've observed this yesterday, as I made the maiden flight. The battery used was at its 3rd charge (described as above), the first time when I used it was just to update the firmware, then shut down. I did not manage to fly as my drone was grounded while I was waiting for the legal stuff to complete. Then after I was full compliant, I had to wait a trip outside the city, so I can fly legally as they issue clearance for the capital only if it's submitted at least 7 days in advance. Now I managed to take a trip to the mountains and let it fly.

Looking at the DJI Fly App battery info as well as into the Airdata, both show charge counter 0 for this battery. I will monitor how it goes as the battery has 50% charge left and I plan to recharge it today. I find this actually pretty cool as I was worried to wear out the batteries while I am not being able to fly and they auto discharge on their own.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mawfia