DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery charge count

Ciawz

Reactions
Hello fellow mavic pilots
Just wondering how do DJIgo4 app count how many times our battery has been charge

I keep count of all 3 of my batteries of how many times i have charge them
2 of 3 didnt match with the counting from the DJIgo4 (yes i label each of my battery, and use them 1 after another accordingly, 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3....)
My #1 counted as 8 times in the app (i count 9)
My #2 counted as 9 times in the app (i count 8)
My #3 matched in both count, 8times
And no, i never miss the sequence

Hi Ciawz, will check mine with a new battery thx.

Can you advise... I kept the battery that came with Mavic with "Turn on/off sticker over the button" as a back-up (controll) batery in case I had problems and needed to check with new battery. A kind of sentimental keepsake. But, have I damaged it due to not using it?

Hi Ciawz, will check mine with a new battery thx.

Can you advise... I kept the battery that came with Mavic with "Turn on/off sticker over the button" as a back-up (controll) batery in case I had problems and needed to check with new battery. A kind of sentimental keepsake. But, have I damaged it due to not using it?

Thanks for your willingnes in helping me check thw battery count :)
I'm by no means expert in either drone or battery
But i believe all battery behave the same :
The max capacity will decrease if not being use in a long time no matter how many % of juice u have left in that said battery
I think shuffling them all is better for the battery life
But who knows, i'm hoping to be enlighten by the more experience member in this forum too

Hello fellow mavic pilots
Just wondering how do DJIgo4 app count how many times our battery has been charge

I keep count of all 3 of my batteries of how many times i have charge them
2 of 3 didnt match with the counting from the DJIgo4 (yes i label each of my battery, and use them 1 after another accordingly, 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3....)
My #1 counted as 8 times in the app (i count 9)
My #2 counted as 9 times in the app (i count 8)
My #3 matched in both count, 8times
And no, i never miss the sequence

Actually not the app is counting. The batteries themselves do that.
There is a controller built in that takes care of the charging and cell balancing process. It also communicates with the Mavic and through it to your app.
Now nobody knows what the battery is regarding as a valid charge cycle. It could be a single connection to the charger or a minimum and maximum charge that has to be met for qualifying as a charge cycle..

The battery packs ship with a very low charge these days due to concerns about the danger of shipping large quantities of lithium packs together.

The result is that if you do not charge your packs when you get them, they can end up unusable if left for too long in that state and of course you don't discover if the pack is faulty either.

The warranty is limited on the battery so you really should at least charge a new pack up to 50% before storing it, but to be honest it would be better to simply use it, there is nothing to gain from having the pack and leaving it unused.

What are we talking about here!!???
Keeping a battery for nostalgic reasons and rendering it possible useless... or being a normal human being and useing it as its ment to be.

Reactions: Sevic pro
Keeping a battery for nostalgic reasons and rendering it possible useless... or being a normal human being and useing it as its ment to be.
Original post about usage of batteries and battery counter fidelity.

The battery packs ship with a very low charge these days due to concerns about the danger of shipping large quantities of lithium packs together.

The result is that if you do not charge your packs when you get them, they can end up unusable if left for too long in that state and of course you don't discover if the pack is faulty either.

The warranty is limited on the battery so you really should at least charge a new pack up to 50% before storing it, but to be honest it would be better to simply use it, there is nothing to gain from having the pack and leaving it unused.
Your right... Ill put it on charge.

Thanks for your willingnes in helping me check thw battery count :)
I'm by no means expert in either drone or battery
But i believe all battery behave the same :
The max capacity will decrease if not being use in a long time no matter how many % of juice u have left in that said battery
I think shuffling them all is better for the battery life
But who knows, i'm hoping to be enlighten by the more experience member in this forum too
I will start my count with new battery today.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erhard