DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery charging with USB adapter

Reactions
I see some battery instructions that say do not attach batteries to wall outlets or car charger sockets directly. Always use an approved DJI adapter. Does this mean it is not permitted to attach the DJI USB adapter to the battery and then plug that into a power bank, like an Anker Powercore Charger? I've often used a Mavic battery, with the adapter, to charge my iPhone, but wondered if it can accept charging in the other direction, with that adapter. I'm installing a USB charging outlet on my motorcycle, and thinking about options.

Any way you could fit a car charging port (the old cigarette lighter ) to your motorcycle ? Then you could use the DJI car adaptor.

Reactions: Topo
I see some battery instructions that say do not attach batteries to wall outlets or car charger sockets directly. Always use an approved DJI adapter. Does this mean it is not permitted to attach the DJI USB adapter to the battery and then plug that into a power bank, like an Anker Powercore Charger? I've often used a Mavic battery, with the adapter, to charge my iPhone, but wondered if it can accept charging in the other direction, with that adapter. I'm installing a USB charging outlet on my motorcycle, and thinking about options.

No, the USB adapter unfortunately doesn't work in that direction.

Reactions: Topo
Any way you could fit a car charging port (the old cigarette lighter ) to your motorcycle ? Then you could use the DJI car adaptor.
Yeah...I could install the cig lighter, but that means hanging another adapter off it for USB charging. I've got an Anker power brick, so I'll just use that, and charge the Mavic batts off it. I've got a portable solar panel, but I hear it takes forever to charge stuff. This will be an exploration trip, in terms of how things can keep charged while on the road. GoPro batteries cab probably charge off the brick too.

Reactions: THE CYBORG
Yeah...I could install the cig lighter, but that means hanging another adapter off it for USB charging. I've got an Anker power brick, so I'll just use that, and charge the Mavic batts off it. I've got a portable solar panel, but I hear it takes forever to charge stuff. This will be an exploration trip, in terms of how things can keep charged while on the road. GoPro batteries cab probably charge off the brick too.
When you say you've got an Anker power brick to charge the Mavic batts off it, do you mean you charge the Mavic batteries from a one of those power banks? All of the ones I've seen have USB sockets (1 or 2 amp), but output only 5V. Aren't the DJI drone batteries all considerably higher voltage?

Reactions: dawgpilot
When you say you've got an Anker power brick to charge the Mavic batts off it, do you mean you charge the Mavic batteries from a one of those power banks? All of the ones I've seen have USB sockets (1 or 2 amp), but output only 5V. Aren't the DJI drone batteries all considerably higher voltage?
unfortunately, I’m realizing that the multiple charging unit only works with a 110 AC outlet. Is there no way to simply charge a single battery from a USB 5v 2Amp source? Probably not.

I found an oem Honda charging socket and will install that on my bike. I was surprised to see how pricey the DJI car charger is; $65. I don’t see any worthy knock offs on amazon. I can almost buy another battery for that price.

Reactions: THE CYBORG
As dawgpilot was mentioning - the USB adapter for thee Mavic Air battery only allows one to use the drone battery as a power source for charging their phone, etc. You can not feed power backwards into it to charge the Mavic Air battery.

I have suggested getting a cheap pure sine-wave inverter to produce regular household power then you can plug in anything. Battery charges on the go
These can be had around $25-50 and will connect directly to your motorcycle battery. Mine has been very useful on road trips and camping outings.

Anyone live around the Nevada City, CA, that has a car charger they could loan out for a few days? Finally got my 12v socket installed, but it’s too late to order a charger before I’m off on a trip Thursday.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato