DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery fit issue

Jobi Wan Kenobi

Reactions
Howdy...new Air 2 owner here....previously had a Spark.

I have a strange issue that I'm wondering if any of you have seen.

I have the Fly More Combo...so 3 batteries with a hub.

All 3 batteries fit into the Air2 no problemo.

They also have no issue when connecting the power supply directly to each battery.

However, 2 of the batteries are a REALLY tight fit into all 3 ports of the hub. You have to push down hard enough that it makes you kinda' nervous.

I can get the lights to come on when I do this, but it doesn't seem like it is good over time.

I've looked at the receiving slots on all 3 with a magnifier, and I don't really see much difference.

I know I should contact DJI...just wondering first if you folks have any thoughts?

Thanks!

I haven't had this issue with my Air 2 but I had this issue with my mavic 2 pro and what I found is that a couple of my batteries were actually bulging on the bottom. Of course I replaced them immediately and there is no longer any issues with any of my batteries fitting so check the bottom side of your batteries to see if it's completely flat if it's not then you have a bulging battery. If they are new then you should be able to send them back and get them replaced.

I think I answered my own question on this one:
The battery charging hub enhances efficiency by charging batteries in sequence according to their remaining power level, with more fully-charged batteries receiving power first.

===================================================================================================================================================
Forgot to ask this also.... For the Air 2 hub, should it be able to charge more than one battery at once? The "good fit" battery is mostly charged, and when I put in the "bad fit" battery, it doesn't do anything but blink once. If I then remove the "good fit" battery, then the "bad fit" battery starts charging immediately.

With my Spark, it would charge more than 1 at once...but sometimes it wouldn't get the others until the first one that started got enough juice.

Last edited:
Forgot to ask this also.... For the Air 2 hub, should it be able to charge more than one battery at once? The "good fit" battery is mostly charged, and when I put in the "bad fit" battery, it doesn't do anything but blink once. If I then remove the "good fit" battery, then the "bad fit" battery starts charging immediately.

With my Spark, it would charge more than 1 at once...but sometimes it wouldn't get the others until the first one that started got enough juice.

It is my understanding that it will only charge one at a time and then move to the next. Frankly, I believe the hub to be more of a gimmick since it cannot charge batteries concurrently. Some might find it marginally useful, but it's perhaps the least impressive aspect of the Fly More combo package in my opinion.

Steve

What I've noticed with the charging hubs (at least for the Mavic pro 2 and the mavic air 2) is they tend to charge the one that has the most charge first and then move on to the next. It probably does this so you can get a useable battery quickly instead of waiting until they all charge. So if it's only charging one then it's operating normally.

Reactions: stellarpod
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mikeberan56