DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery Issue

tangy07

Reactions
Have the Mavic Air for about 2 years now and one of the battery from the fly more combo is not working anymore. Keep getting this "Battery is not installed properly" error but the battery can charge fine on the dock.

Anyways what i find strange is that I have the DJI Care Refresh +, it is easier for me to send in my drone and battery to get a replacement than for them to just send me a new battery. They want to charge me $90usd for the battery but to get my drone and battery replaced is only $99usd. how strange is that.

Unless your local regulations are different, the warranty for Air batteries is 6 months. Because only one battery gives the error the problem is with the battery and not the Air. Since Care Refresh + is crash insurance I doubt that it will cover the battery replacement.

Didn't know the battery warranty was only 6 months. I have my eye on my battery with an April 2020 manufacture date; assume the warranty starts with purchase, so I would have until next March to qualify for warranty replacement.

DJI has relented beyond the 6 months for many that had encountered swelling issues with their M2 batteries and possibly for MA1 batteries.
You don't have a swelling issue though.

If the battery is swollen you are likely to get that warning. Will it sit flat. The 1 has those telltale tabs on the bottom. That warning was my first clue that I was about to buy new Mavic Air batteries. I hadn't noticed that they were starting to puff.

Hi. Saying that the battery is charging normally on the dock, and getting just a warning that is not connected properly, my mind goes to a misconnection problem in latch communication. As you know when one or both of the latches are not completely been return to their position upon placing the battery on the drone, no signal goes to the control board, so it gives you a warning of a non secure battery connection. So before do anything else, just check out the battery for health (battery on and once click the knob.. 4 led on means battery ok, 3 leds on means a little less life, 2 leds on get ready for replacement and fly low and nearby, 1 led on means go buy a new one.) Also with a multi meter check the voltage. Another practical way is to use the USB adaptor to charge your mobile phone. If your full charged mavic air battery charges an almost empty (less than 15% charge remain) 4000mAh smartphone battery completely, then it's current is no doubt ok The locking problem occurred often by some bad behavior (the inner wiring from latches losses connection and although the battery is securely positioned the system does not recognises it and gives a warning message.
so check out before anything else.

Reactions: Ron Caballero CAP
Hi. Saying that the battery is charging normally on the dock, and getting just a warning that is not connected properly, my mind goes to a misconnection problem in latch communication. As you know when one or both of the latches are not completely been return to their position upon placing the battery on the drone, no signal goes to the control board, so it gives you a warning of a non secure battery connection. So before do anything else, just check out the battery for health (battery on and once click the knob.. 4 led on means battery ok, 3 leds on means a little less life, 2 leds on get ready for replacement and fly low and nearby, 1 led on means go buy a new one.) Also with a multi meter check the voltage. Another practical way is to use the USB adaptor to charge your mobile phone. If your full charged mavic air battery charges an almost empty (less than 15% charge remain) 4000mAh smartphone battery completely, then it's current is no doubt ok The locking problem occurred often by some bad behavior (the inner wiring from latches losses connection and although the battery is securely positioned the system does not recognises it and gives a warning message.
so check out before anything else.

the battery is not swollen, check on the dji go 4 app and check by pressing once on the battery. Everything seems fine. 4 green LED lights on, only charged 27 times. Seems to be the system nit recognizing the battery is secured.

Anyways just going to leave it since i have 2 other battery. Will use the money to get a mini 2 instead.

It is your decision of what to do.
But it is for sure problem to the locking mechanism. You just have to check it for a wire missconnection. Its a simple procedure if you want to do it. The only small difficulty is to separate the cover of the battery from the body cause of the double side secure tape. Thats all.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair