DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

battery question for Mavic Air

Bruce Burbank

Reactions
Site
humorlessproductions.wordpress.com
I picked up a Mavic Air for just about nothing the other day, used. One of the reasons it was so cheap, I've found, is that even though it came with a Fly More package, some of the crucial parts are missing.

Comes with extra propellers, three batteries, and the little cradle hub. But, I don't have the charger to plug in the hub. I see that those go for 50 bucks on Amazon.

I do have the single battery charger, the little squarish L-shaped thing with the USB port. But, I plug it into any of the batteries and plug in the cable, and nothing. No charging. Does this means that the batteries are in hibernation mode?

From what I've read on the internet, the only way to get them out of hibernation mode is to charge them the first time with the DJI-supplied USB charger. Guess what? That's another one of the crucial parts that is missing.

So what can I do? Should I just go to the Best Buy down the street and see if they have one of those DJI USB chargers laying around and ask if I could use it for a couple minutes, just long enough the wake the batteries from hibernation? And then order the big charger from Amazon? Or, once they're out of hibernation, I could probably get by with just using the single USB charger thing.

I do have the single battery charger, the little squarish L-shaped thing with the USB port. But, I plug it into any of the batteries and plug in the cable, and nothing.

I don't have the Mavic Air, but I do have the MA2 and if it's the piece I'm thinking of, that piece is used with the battery and turns it into a power bank to charge your phone or something.

It's not used for charging the battery.

You might try putting the battery in the MA and plug it up to a computer.

It might start charging. 🤔

Best Buy probably won't have one to borrow so you might have to purchase the charger for the bird.

Good luck. :)

Unfortunately, charging the battery while in the drone is not an option for Air 1. It does have a micro USB port on the rear, but that's only for transferring footage.

Ah yes, that is the thing. So I'm mistaken on that. Certainly looks like a single charger to the untrained eye. Thanks for that info.

If you press the power button on the battery and the led doesn’t come on unfortunately the battery is “bricked”. You won’t be able to charge them at all

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll