DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bayland park

istsergey

Reactions
Hello everyone. I am new in drones. I am looking a place where to practice my drone flying skill in BayArea. I heard about Bayland park in Sunnyvale, but how to get a permission form SJC airport? There is 0ft altitude zone in Bayland park.

Welcome to the forum! There are quite a few people who get together monthly to fly their drones via MeetUp groups, Here’s the upcoming February event at Bayland Park: Create a Meetup Account

I attended a Meet Up last week for the first time, in San Francisco, and really enjoyed seeing all those cool drone models that I’ve only seen on this forum and on YouTube. Of course I was humbled by my Mini, especially in the 10-12 mph gusts over this picturesque water front, but many attendees appreciated seeing the little Mavic Mini for the first time. I’ll admit to being a fanboy seeing the Mavic 2 Pro and Phantom 4 Platinum in flight, and heading towards the huge tankers in the middle of the Bay.

Other flying sites include Treasure Island, and more...

F56DC1DA-60DC-4E5D-9BF6-ED1AE33D19B0.jpeg

Reactions: MavicPeter
Hello everyone. I am new in drones. I am looking a place where to practice my drone flying skill in BayArea. I heard about Bayland park in Sunnyvale, but how to get a permission form SJC airport? There is 0ft altitude zone in Bayland park.
u can fly at baylands go ask the ranger every one flys rc planes there and drones

Reactions: pelagic_one
Many of us had a great time last Saturday morning at Baylands Park (Sunnyvale, CA). It was great seeing all the new Mini owners who were still nervous about flying 100 feet away, but it was also a great learning experience for all involved. Newer Mavic Pro pilots were practicing hand launching/landing. Others were still learning basics, like removing gimble covers before powering on your drone.

Yes, the park rangers have always allowed drones there, but it is Class C airspace with 0-feet allowable flyzone. I guess it’s safety in numbers, because there was also a group of RC fixed wings and helicopters sharing the field with us.

Overall, it felt like a very positive learning time for attendees. It was a good feeling to share experiences with other drone pilots. I liked feeling that I was not “public enemy #1,” like I sometimes feel when I’m flying alone somewhere, and someone spots me.

We are all meeting up again on March 21, 2020 at Treasure Island, so hopefully more of the local forum members (and those who’ll be in town for holiday or business) can join us, too: BACK TO THE ISLAND-THE TREASURE ISLAND MEETUP FOR MARCH 2020

A07AEAAA-CFC6-40DC-AFA6-9543E7A59DA6.jpeg 4937343B-EA45-4CB5-B8C8-14DA53CC075E.jpeg
B404D40C-EE8D-4244-B31B-B283570D4947.jpeg

Reactions: MavicPeter
I am looking a place where to practice my drone flying skill in BayArea

Since the OP is in the Silicon Valley, here are other flying spots to try out In the South Bay: The 5 Best Places to Fly a Drone in San Jose | UAV Coach These are all Santa Clara County Parks, so you’ll need to obtain a special use permit here: Special Event Permits / Park Use Permits - Parks and Recreation - County of Santa Clara

There are also rural lands just a short drive south of you, so I’m wondering if anyone would mind you flying over land left barren between growing seasons.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78