DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Beginner pilot from Canada's Capitol Region.

kevbac

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I've only been flying for a couple of weeks, but I'm a very experienced photographer - which is a big part of why the drones interested me; so I could use a VERY tall tripod. :)

I have - a Tello with Boost kit (I know... different board), Mavic Mini with Fly More kit and a Mavic Pro also with the fly more bundle (bought new although it's a previous model, so there was a pretty good discount).

I also do a fair bit of 3D printing, so I've been making stuff for all 3 members of my little drone family.

I was able to pass that Transport Canada Basic RPAS exam with no problems (many thanks to the prep guide put together by Don, of DonDronesOn on YouTube) and now I'm getting ready to write the Advanced RPAS exam. I'm also starting to look for someone who can administer the flight test (no hurry - I'm probably not going to do the written exam for another week or so.

I've only had a couple of flights with the Mavic Mini, and one mission with the Pro (although I went through about 1 1/2 battery charges - yay Fly More combo!) My mission - flown yesterday - was to try coordinating gimbal tilt with ascent, to manually track something (not moving) as I ascended from 1.5 metres to 100 metres.
Attached are my test videos (no sound or other editing, other than I trimmed the one of the nearby school - no editing at all of the one of the church ruins shot over the trees). In one, I left the gimbal guard in place and got an arc in the video from its reflection - learning moment, since it was my first flight.
The second video shows where I was planning to shoot, except there were people there, so I had to be at least 30 metres away unless I was to recruit them all as temporary flight crew members (and they weren't social distancing, either, so I wouldn't even have been able to stay 2 metres from them). For the second video, I removed the gimbal protection dome.

These aren't perfect, but I'm pleased with them overall - as my first mission with the Mavic Pro.

Any constructive comments will be appreciated!

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . ?

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! ? Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Hi kevbac welcome to Mavic Pilots.
Nicely done, gimbal tilt & ascend isn’t as easy as it sounds.
Thanks!
I was using it with the factory settings. I will need to adjust the gimbal settings so that it didn't start and so so suddenly.

I should also probably decrease exposure by about 2/3 of an EV.

After a bit more accent and tilt practice, I think it'll be flying in an arc while panning.

Welcome to the forum. You will find a great of information and support here. We look forward to seeing your view of the world.

I've only been flying for a couple of weeks, but I'm a very experienced photographer - which is a big part of why the drones interested me; so I could use a VERY tall tripod. :)

I have - a Tello with Boost kit (I know... different board), Mavic Mini with Fly More kit and a Mavic Pro also with the fly more bundle (bought new although it's a previous model, so there was a pretty good discount).

I also do a fair bit of 3D printing, so I've been making stuff for all 3 members of my little drone family.

I was able to pass that Transport Canada Basic RPAS exam with no problems (many thanks to the prep guide put together by Don, of DonDronesOn on YouTube) and now I'm getting ready to write the Advanced RPAS exam. I'm also starting to look for someone who can administer the flight test (no hurry - I'm probably not going to do the written exam for another week or so.

I've only had a couple of flights with the Mavic Mini, and one mission with the Pro (although I went through about 1 1/2 battery charges - yay Fly More combo!) My mission - flown yesterday - was to try coordinating gimbal tilt with ascent, to manually track something (not moving) as I ascended from 1.5 metres to 100 metres.
Attached are my test videos (no sound or other editing, other than I trimmed the one of the nearby school - no editing at all of the one of the church ruins shot over the trees). In one, I left the gimbal guard in place and got an arc in the video from its reflection - learning moment, since it was my first flight.
The second video shows where I was planning to shoot, except there were people there, so I had to be at least 30 metres away unless I was to recruit them all as temporary flight crew members (and they weren't social distancing, either, so I wouldn't even have been able to stay 2 metres from them). For the second video, I removed the gimbal protection dome.

These aren't perfect, but I'm pleased with them overall - as my first mission with the Mavic Pro.

Any constructive comments will be appreciated!
Welcome to the forum. Great shots.

Welcome to the forum. You will find a great of information and support here. We look forward to seeing your view of the world.

Pretty restricted, so far, since I only have my basic certification, but I'm learning and I'm thinking more about doing the Advanced certification.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada