DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best app for ground slope following

ansan12001

Reactions
Looking for advice on free app that can have drone follow the ground slopes. The way I'm doing this now is flying muliple missions in elevation layers it takes more time then I like (I like to map a site quickly due to people coming and giving me a hard time). When I mean slope I'm not talking about Kansas, I'm talking about steep hillsides at 45 degrees. I like to fly low, elevation is sometimes more important to my mapping then high overlap because I use small ground control targets. Is there an app I can follow the ground , meaning up and down the slope, not sideways along it. Perhaps set at 30 to 40 ft along slope?

Looking for advice on free app that can have drone follow the ground slopes. The way I'm doing this now is flying muliple missions in elevation layers it takes more time then I like (I like to map a site quickly due to people coming and giving me a hard time). When I mean slope I'm not talking about Kansas, I'm talking about steep hillsides at 45 degrees. I like to fly low, elevation is sometimes more important to my mapping then high overlap because I use small ground control targets. Is there an app I can follow the ground , meaning up and down the slope, not sideways along it. Perhaps set at 30 to 40 ft along slope?

There’s no free app that can do this as it’s a pretty advanced function. The only way I know how to do this is in Litchi by setting a waypoint mission with a ground level altitude reference. It uses google earth altitudes

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Usiron