DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best free software for planning orthorectified aerial image on desktop

JonasJr

Reactions
Hello MavicPilots,

I hope someone can help please with some advice. I have a Mavic 2 Pro and a Smart Controller, and want to use it for creating orthorectified aerial images that can be exported as a kml-file and directly overlayed in Google Earth. I do have the stitching software (Agisoft PhotoScan) already.

What I am looking for is a free and user-friendly software to plan the waypoint mission on a desktop computer and then transfer the planned route to the Smart controller/drone. So that planning software could be, for example, the Litchi Mission Hub where one can well see the Google satellite images. However, I read here that Litchi isn't the best software for that purpose and others like DroneDeploy or DroneHarmony are better.

Do you have helpful advices on the following requirements:

- The planning software should be for free and based on Google Earth imagery for selecting the spatial extent and starting point of the mission.

- It should enable the planning on a Windows desktop computer but not via an app.

- It should be possible to make offline at the site (without access to internet) corrections to a waypoint mission, such as moving the centre of a rectangle by about a few dozen meters to the side.

- Based on information on the sensor size of the camera and lens properties, the software should automatically create a flight path that allows user-specified forward- and sideward overlaps of images and it should provide information on the remaining battery status after completing the mission.

At the end, I want to use the geo information from each image on altitude, longitude and latitude to stitch the georeferenced aerial image.

I am curious to hear your suggestions.

Jonas

Reactions: TIm Whatles DDS
Dronelink is a good option for you, it also has a terrain following function to maintain GSD for a constant ground area to pixel scale.

Last edited:
Hi JONAS, did you have any luck finding what you wanted. Did DRonelink do the job, or did you find something more suitable in the end ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll