DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best indoor drone?

Fireproof

Reactions
Was curious if you folks had any recommendations on sub-$100 "toy" quadcopters for those inclement weather days when you are trapped in the house. Thought it would be fun to have another toy to fly around inside with the kids. Something that handles reasonably well and won't be frustrating.

There seems to be tons of choices out there - so I thought I would turn to the experts.

Any of you have any drones you would recommend for just flying around indoors for fun? Or maybe in the backyard.

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
Look for a Tiny Whoop, or Tiny Whoop style drone...You may be able to find one under 100, especially if you already have a compatible radio.. They are a ton of fun, the batteries and motors are super cheap. You can swap out to more powerful motors and fly it outside when the weather is nicer. Its tiny, will fit in the palm of your hand, but looks huge when flying FPV lol.

$10 Furibee F36. Very durable and fun to do flips with it (manual flips instead of its' auto-flip feature).

Look for a Tiny Whoop, or Tiny Whoop style drone...You may be able to find one under 100, especially if you already have a compatible radio.. They are a ton of fun, the batteries and motors are super cheap. You can swap out to more powerful motors and fly it outside when the weather is nicer. Its tiny, will fit in the palm of your hand, but looks huge when flying FPV lol.
Thanks. I’m trying to use Amazon gift card, and I don’t see them available there. Will keep looking though - sounds interesting.

I JUST saw that advertised. That’s very tempting! But I really don’t need to spend another $300 right now, haha.
i'm trying NOT to buy it...but it's so cheap...i'd want a remote and a few batteries. it would just be for flying with my kids. not sure it's really worth that.

this was me getting you back for getting the wunderphone. ha!

my wife will KILL me if i buy this...ugh...

Thanks, I read your post already after I ordered, saw it on slickdeals just half an hour ago.

Buy now, don't think about consequences. Being dead is not a big deal if you have a spark in your eyes... or hands!!! :D

i think i'm going to pass for now. my wife probably WOULDN'T kill me as i told her i could buy a few and then flip them on ebay. but there is likely no profit in it. but she doesn't know that.:cool: it would most likely be for my 8 year old daughter to come fly with me. but that would mean i'd have to focus on her flying and my flying and i'm not smart enough to do both.

but man, this is a GREAT deal. i will hold out until they start selling the fly more kit for under $400. it pains me to buy a remote for $120 to make this somewhat usable.

i think i'm going to pass for now. my wife probably WOULDN'T kill me as i told her i could buy a few and then flip them on ebay. but there is likely no profit in it. but she doesn't know that.:cool: it would most likely be for my 8 year old daughter to come fly with me. but that would mean i'd have to focus on her flying and my flying and i'm not smart enough to do both.

but man, this is a GREAT deal. i will hold out until they start selling the fly more kit for under $400. it pains me to buy a remote for $120 to make this somewhat usable.

I will be flying mine with just WiFi, short distance, for utilitarian uses. (I even haven't looked into if Mavic RC can be used with Spark or not, my feet are running ahead of my head. :D) And not going to buy any additional batteries, cases, anything, $289 it is, period. I will only need it for short 5-minute nanomissions.

Mine is ready for pickup, brb.

I will be flying mine with just WiFi, short distance, for utilitarian uses. (I even haven't looked into if Mavic RC can be used with Spark or not, my feet are running ahead of my head. :D) And not going to buy any additional batteries, cases, anything, $289 it is, period. I will only need it for short 5-minute nanomissions.

Mine is ready for pickup, brb.
fwiw, you CANNOT use the mavic remote with the spark. so wifi phone connection it is.

nanomissions...like checking your roof once a day? :D

what about a spark for $290 over at target.com right now?

Hmmm so 60 bucks off, you can add the 2 year protection for $80.. Coverage : Accidental damage from handling coverage, Normal Wear and Tear Coverage, screen repair, electrical defects, failures due to drops, failures due to spills, mechanical defects;

Its like buying a Spark and getting refresh (plus an extra year)for an additional 20 bucks....

Thanks for the input on the indoor mini drones everyone. Some good options to look into.

And shame on you other guys for giving me “DAS”. (Drone Acquisition Syndrome).

Fortunately, so far I have resisted the call of the Spark.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FollyRJ