DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best mid-range laptop for editing in 4K and gaming?

RaizeR

Reactions
I’m looking for a decent laptop to edit my 4K video, when mini 3 finally arrives... And I do enjoy gaming, so that needs to be considered I guess. Any ideas please let me know.

There’s just so much to choose from. I’m a console “pleb” as they say. Finally, I want a laptop that won’t chug along trying to edit ANY video. Thanks!

I think some great deals are out there if you keep your eyes peeled. The one store that seems to always have the right deal for me is Micro Center in Chicago. They do a lot of online sales, but I like just being able to walk in there. Last August I found my second deal in 18 months, a really nice laptop, a refurbished HP with 4k OLED screen with enough ram and a good enough GPU power to edit video. Here is what I got for $1100. I almost pulled the trigger for a similarly outfitted Gigabyte brand for about $2000. What I liked most about this laptop was the 4k Oled screen. Most laptops don't have UHD displays and only FHD. The year before I got an open box Aliengear desktop for $850 and all it needed was more ram to max out it's capacity. That's my main video editing computer and has never choked on Davinci Resolve with 4k files.

Micro Center has a lot of laptops, but the great deals come and go. You just have to be lucky or patient (I was just lucky). So here's a link to check them out. Micro Center Laptop link

1653599123282.png

Reactions: RaizeR
I think some great deals are out there if you keep your eyes peeled. The one store that seems to always have the right deal for me is Micro Center in Chicago. They do a lot of online sales, but I like just being able to walk in there. Last August I found my second deal in 18 months, a really nice laptop, a refurbished HP with 4k OLED screen with enough ram and a good enough GPU power to edit video. Here is what I got for $1100. I almost pulled the trigger for a similarly outfitted Gigabyte brand for about $2000. What I liked most about this laptop was the 4k Oled screen. Most laptops don't have UHD displays and only FHD. The year before I got an open box Aliengear desktop for $850 and all it needed was more ram to max out it's capacity. That's my main video editing computer and has never choked on Davinci Resolve with 4k files.

Micro Center has a lot of laptops, but the great deals come and go. You just have to be lucky or patient (I was just lucky). So here's a link to check them out. Micro Center Laptop link

View attachment 148892
I never heard of Micro center but I will check them out. Thanks.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada