DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best Multi port adapter

Rchawks

Reactions
Title says it all, bought a new computer with no sd card reader. I'm wondering what others are using so I can buy the best one for the money.

Title says it all, bought a new computer with no sd card reader. I'm wondering what others are using so I can buy the best one for the money.
A little more info needed please.

Can I assume your computer charges with a USB-C port? In that case you're adapter can use USB-C. What other ports does it have, USB-A? What do you want to plug into it? If you have a quad, of course you'll need microSD. But do you also have a DSLR? In that case you'll need a full size SD slot also. Any other relevant information would be nice.

I would google "best sd card reader for photographers". A good one doesn't cost much more than a generic brand. You want one with a decent USB connector and fast read/write speed. If you go with what photographers use, you won't go wrong.

Check out sites like Adorama or B&H

I would google "best sd card reader for photographers". A good one doesn't cost much more than a generic brand. You want one with a decent USB connector and fast read/write speed. If you go with what photographers use, you won't go wrong.

Check out sites like Adorama or B&H
I use the one I mentioned above to view all of my GoPro videos and drone ones as well (Fewer of those) via the USB-C on my iPad It works great. But certainly, check out others as well.

A little more info needed please.

Can I assume your computer charges with a USB-C port? In that case you're adapter can use USB-C. What other ports does it have, USB-A? What do you want to plug into it? If you have a quad, of course you'll need microSD. But do you also have a DSLR? In that case you'll need a full size SD slot also. Any other relevant information would be nice.
Yes with USB-C ports, I was actually talking about a multiport device for my usb cords and after seeing the choices for sd cards and such I'm almost glad I misspoke, sorry about that guys. Excellent suggestions. I want to be able to continue using my large external hard drives. It would be great if there was something that combined the two for apple, lol. I'm sure using the old style ports are probably slower I'm ok with that.

Last edited:
I love these. Tiny, fast, easy to grab stuff from SD to phone or PC depending on which ports are available.

UGREEN Micro SD Card Reader USB C USB 3.0 to Memory Card Reader Adapter for External Camera Photo SD SDHC SDXC MicroSD UHS-I Compatible with Computer PC MacBook Air Pro Samsung Galaxy S22 iPad Pro Amazon.com

Reactions: Rchawks
Yes with USB-C ports, I was actually talking about a multiport device for my usb cords and after seeing the choices for sd cards and such I'm almost glad I misspoke, sorry about that guys. Excellent suggestions. I want to be able to continue using my large external hard drives. It would be great if there was something that combined the two for apple, lol. I'm sure using the old style ports are probably slower I'm ok with that.
If you are using a Macbook, I would get one of the multiport adapters that just snaps into the 2 USB-C ports on the side. I have one that I use when I'm traveling and don't have the full-sized dock. Something like this.

Reactions: Rchawks
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_