DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best ND Filters for MM?

MagnaC28

Reactions
Hey guys, i'm looking for the Best ND Filters for the MM, going out skiing in a few weeks at a friends place, and would like to get some cool shots from the house etc.

I saw these ( HERE), but also saw that another company had a recall bc they messed with the gimble,

Reactions: Captain Winkie
Watched a video earlier with someone using the Freewell filters. Additionally the Amazon page review mentioned now gimbal issue.

Hey guys, i'm looking for the Best ND Filters for the MM, going out skiing in a few weeks at a friends place, and would like to get some cool shots from the house etc.

I saw these ( HERE), but also saw that another company had a recall bc they messed with the gimble,

Hi there, have previously seen that Mini owners are discussing ND-filters ... so have to ask why, as the camera can't be on manual with a locked shutter speed so impossible to use the 180 degree rule (shutter time equal to double frame rate, like fps25 set shutter to 1/50) for proper motion blur. Or do you think that the bright light with snow+ sun require a faster shutter speed then the camera can handle, making the vid over exposed? If the auto constantly over expose in very bright conditions you can go negative with the EV adjustment instead.

In general an ND isn't anything other then sun shades slowing shutter down ... will not do anything to enhance the quality, rather degrade it due to an extra glass between the camera & the subject.

Reactions: pelagic_one
Pretty much agree with Slup - at best you can only be guessing what exposure level is on the mm until such time as they maybe update fw for it

Hi! I use the Freewell All Day filter Pack

55659cb56c96b638aa6879a9bbd1326b.jpg
2ca493b14128cb721e825468caec9de1.jpg
7d3b898efeebc73bd294f9d944078bdd.jpg
a49e25c9f8f8c0a2612f14c2de418fc6.jpg
6f0fe87e9d1b57f8611c0ce987722066.jpg
beb89a03495226e57f953cbe7b83dc74.jpg
176818db9050f22b906d4aee950ef3fa.jpg
5ea28db127811e46734a3614d553a300.jpg

Hi there, have previously seen that Mini owners are discussing ND-filters ... so have to ask why, as the camera can't be on manual with a locked shutter speed so impossible to use the 180 degree rule (shutter time equal to double frame rate, like fps25 set shutter to 1/50) for proper motion blur. Or do you think that the bright light with snow+ sun require a faster shutter speed then the camera can handle, making the vid over exposed? If the auto constantly over expose in very bright conditions you can go negative with the EV adjustment instead.

In general an ND isn't anything other then sun shades slowing shutter down ... will not do anything to enhance the quality, rather degrade it due to an extra glass between the camera & the subject.

With and without ND16 Ona sunny winters day, shutter speed close enough for me
F572CAC5-E8E5-478B-8DAF-770A728F9D9F.jpeg6BBE46BE-975D-4900-95D9-EF1E313FEA3A.jpeg

With and without ND16 Ona sunny winters day, shutter speed close enough for me
View attachment 91662View attachment 91663

I'm not sure what you are trying to show me ... similarity in pic quality, the difference in exposure values or that you just there got the shutter near to what's used for fps 24 if following the 180 degree rule when filming?

Can't say anything about the quality as this is pics taken on a computer screen.
And regards to shutter, below is what's stated in the Mini specs as fastest speed ... still good of room to expose correct.
Shutter Mini.jpg
And as you can't lock the exposure values when filming with the Mini it's just luck that you got 1/48sec shutter there with ND16 ... pointing to something else the shutter will have changed.

Reactions: Wild Wayne
I've got these and I am really pleased with them. The look cool, the picture is perfect, the only downside is they're a bit difficult to clean since the glass element is a bit recessed and very tiny.

My favourite for landscapes is PL-ND8, a combo of a polarizing filter and neutral density 8.

I'm not sure what you are trying to show me ... similarity in pic quality, the difference in exposure values or that you just there got the shutter near to what's used for fps 24 if following the 180 degree rule when filming?

Can't say anything about the quality as this is pics taken on a computer screen.
And regards to shutter, below is what's stated in the Mini specs as fastest speed ... still good of room to expose correct.
View attachment 91668
And as you can't lock the exposure values when filming with the Mini it's just luck that you got 1/48sec shutter there with ND16 ... pointing to something else the shutter will have changed.
Just demonstrating Mini holds ISO and with a ND16 you get close to 180 rule so not a complete disaster for motion blur.

Just demonstrating Mini holds ISO and with a ND16 you get close to 180 rule so not a complete disaster for motion blur.
But that will not hold as soon as you film to another direction with other needed exposure values. As it always is in auto it will change shutter.

Imagine that you can be lucky with the exposure lock by first direct the camera & align to wanted shutter then lock?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143