DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Best picture quality...

Hello house.

Please I need help on the picture quality on Mavic 2 pro.
What settings can I use to get the highest still photo resolution on Mavic 2 pro... Any help will be highly appreciated.
The highest resolution your camera can deliver is 5472×3648.
Set the camera to 3:2 and you'll have the highest resolution.

Reactions: EricJT
I have seen analyses that show best sharpness in th f 4.0 - f 8.0 range. Make sure your shutter speed is 1/125 or faster, and ISO set to 100 or 200. Of course, be sure it is focused properly.
Good luck.

I have seen analyses that show best sharpness in th f 4.0 - f 8.0 range. Make sure your shutter speed is 1/125 or faster, and ISO set to 100 or 200. Of course, be sure it is focused properly.
Good luck.
Sounds about right but at F/8 a bit of diffraction begins to show but if you have an object up close and another further away better a touch of diffraction than out of focus.

Hello house.

Please I need help on the picture quality on Mavic 2 pro.
What settings can I use to get the highest still photo resolution on Mavic 2 pro... Any help will be highly appreciated.
And...if a low shutter speed is needed to use F/4 or smaller stop,take a few duplicate shots at that low shutter speed in case one is subject to a wind gust or drone "spasm".

Sounds about right but at F/8 a bit of diffraction begins to show but if you have an object up close and another further away better a touch of diffraction than out of focus.
Depth of field is never an issue at any aperture for most drone photography.
You would have to have a subject at only 1-2 metres to have the background out of focus.

Depth of field is never an issue at any aperture for most drone photography.
You would have to have a subject at only 1-2 metres to have the background out of focus.
Agreed but in some picture taking there are near subjects and far subects.Person 4 or 5 feet away being photographed with background 50' plus.

Last edited:
Agreed but in some picture taking there are near subjects and far subects.Person 4or 5 feet away being potographed in front of his monument to himself.
The Mavic 2 Pro has a 1” sensor and about a 9mm lens so we can calculate a lot from this.

Best depth of field for the M2P is at f/5.6. Anything higher than that will actually suffer so badly from defraction that the lens will no longer be able to achieve “acceptable focus” (industry standard definition of 11 micron circle of confusion for 1” sensor).

See smaller sensors actually make the lens work harder because the lens must focus the light onto a smaller area. This is why defraction sets in earlier for smaller sensors. Ironically full frame and medium format lenses don’t have to be as perfect to achieve the same results. It’s ironic because those are almost always the best made and expensive lenses.

We can also calculate that the hyper focal distance of the M2P is 5’ 11” at f/5.6 which would put everything from 2’ 11” to infinity in focus. The minimum focus distance of the M2P is 2.1” so unless you have something of interest between 2’ 1” and 2’ 11” you don’t have to worry about depth of field. 88C5A9F2-497B-42ED-978E-3CD1B9D1FC02.png

In other words your as long as you focus the camera to about 6 feet everything will be in acceptable focus. Larger f-numbers are available to induce longer shutter times, to create sun stars (a direct result of defraction), or other creative uses. You wouldn’t want to use an f-number larger than f/5.6 to gain more depth of field because 1) it’s not needed and 2) everything will be soft.

Last edited:
"u wouldn’t want to use an f-number larger than f/5.6 to gain more depth of field because 1) it’s not needed and 2) everything will be soft"

I agree with not exceeding f/5.6....on my M2P I shoot stills and video in fully manual mode with f/4.5, ISO100 and then vary the shutter speed for the best exposure.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gottawonder