DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best place to sell MM1 Fly More in UK - CEX prices are daft!

wildarmtins

Reactions
So I'm looking at picking up a MM2 before the new grading regulations come in over here, but can't really justify owning a MM1 and 2 at the same time, so need to find somewhere to sell my MM1.
Being British, obviously the first place you check is CEX.... and they're offering £150 for the entire Fly More kit... so that's a no. Probably looking at something around the £370 range?
This leads onto my 2 questions -
1) Is there anything I need to do when selling a used drone, ie - contact DJI to get it deregistered or something?
2) Where would you recommend selling something like this in the UK?
Cheers guys.

So I'm looking at picking up a MM2 before the new grading regulations come in over here, but can't really justify owning a MM1 and 2 at the same time, so need to find somewhere to sell my MM1.
Being British, obviously the first place you check is CEX.... and they're offering £150 for the entire Fly More kit... so that's a no. Probably looking at something around the £370 range?
This leads onto my 2 questions -
1) Is there anything I need to do when selling a used drone, ie - contact DJI to get it deregistered or something?
2) Where would you recommend selling something like this in the UK?
Cheers guys.
I’ve got a 1 month old mini 2 to sell and I’m wondering the same things

I’ve always sold mine on eBay. You take a knock with the charges, but it’s the only way to get anywhere near what you want. Heliguy buy drones, but again - not anything like you’ll want. I just make sure to take a video of the drone working and me packing it the day I post it. I had someone try to say one I sold was broken in delivery, where they’d clearly crashed it. The video proved them wrong.

You don’t need to do anything to deregsiter it. The new owner will need to log into DJI fly in order to use it. That will switch it over to them.

right now in the present climate winter plus covid restrictions ,is not really a good time to sell anything let alone a drone ,i have a MM and was tempted to get the Mini2 a couple of weeks ago
but logically after some thought, i realised that there was nothing wrong with my MM, and i cant really justify having another drone at this time ,i havent flown since early December and am recovering from covid right now so i cant even leave the house till next Wednesday ,

Reactions: wildarmtins
right now in the present climate winter plus covid restrictions ,is not really a good time to sell anything let alone a drone ,i have a MM and was tempted to get the Mini2 a couple of weeks ago
but logically after some thought, i realised that there was nothing wrong with my MM, and i cant really justify having another drone at this time ,i havent flown since early December and am recovering from covid right now so i cant even leave the house till next Wednesday ,
I'm a lorry driver, so find myself in all sorts of weird and wonderful places for work. Winter be damned :p

I also always sell my old drones on eBay, make sure you wait until the ‘max £1 selling fees’ offer, this is generally every couple of weeks for me. you will only get a £1 fee from eBay but remember that PayPal also takes a percentage! Generally I’ve recouped 2 thirds to 3 quarter of the price of the new bird.

Ebay but I think £370 is a bit steep, I bought a 2nd MM & flymore in good nick and low milage etc for under £300 not long after the Mini 2 was launched. I think the average at the time was around £320.

Ebay but I think £370 is a bit steep, I bought a 2nd MM & flymore in good nick and low milage etc for under £300 not long after the Mini 2 was launched. I think the average at the time was around £320.
I also always sell my old drones on eBay, make sure you wait until the ‘max £1 selling fees’ offer, this is generally every couple of weeks for me. you will only get a £1 fee from eBay but remember that PayPal also takes a percentage! Generally I’ve recouped 2 thirds to 3 quarter of the price of the new bird.
Phil - Got it up for £350, but I've also made it clear that it has 8 months of care refresh on it, so kinda evens it out.
Ed - Luckily for me, the Mrs had one of those £1 offers on her ebay account, so it's up there now.

Reactions: ed956
Record (photographs and app screen captures) all serial numbers and charge counts etc. so that if a buyer claims it is duff and returns it you can check they return YOUR stuff, not duff stuff of their own.
If it is low milage etc add a screen capture of the flight records front page = flight history (minus personal details) to the advert, you'll probably be asked for them anyway.
I also asked sellers for the battery charge counts.

Record (photographs and app screen captures) all serial numbers and charge counts etc. so that if a buyer claims it is duff and returns it you can check they return YOUR stuff, not duff stuff of their own.
If it is low milage etc add a screen capture of the flight records front page = flight history (minus personal details) to the advert, you'll probably be asked for them anyway.
I also asked sellers for the battery charge counts.
Brilliant, thank you.

I'm a lorry driver, so find myself in all sorts of weird and wonderful places for work. Winter be damned :p
"Lorry driver" :) we call them tractor trailers here in the US...drove one for 35 years now retired,glad I'm off the road! I have 2 MM's and got them off ebay. Sold other drones there...phantom 3and parrot bebops and a disco. Thats where i'd go.

Jim

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54