DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best places to fly drones.

90% of my flying time is over water, I live a stones throw from an estuary, River Couch in Essex. So I’m not flying over people, only boats.. so I’m keeping nicely to all the flight rules.

I don’t know where you’re from so can’t judge and give advice but as long as you’re not close to airports, the Go4 app will tell you that and you use common sense you should be good to go.

I’m no pilot, just a nerd that enjoys flying these thingso_O

Might be worth putting in your location under your title name so everyone knows what part or the country your from. You never know someone might live locally to you and can give you better advice.

Enjoy your flying;)

Reactions: steveo43
Best guess not knowing location would be if in the US, almost any National Forest or BLM managed public lands that are not a wilderness area or under special closure rules per FAA. As mentioned, knowing where you are will bring the best help.

Reactions: steveo43 and Porky
I guess some posters are worried if they put to much info on there status in case there's a knock on the door after the Gatwick fiasco

Reactions: steveo43 and Porky
Well, I am not in the UK, and I’m sorry that I just realized this is the UK regional thread, so I will bow out here gents. But if you are ever in California and want to do some flying in our picturesque deserts and mountains, PM me! Cheers!

Last edited:
@steveo43 i wasn’t pushing for your location but it will help you out in the long run.
Small world.. my wife is in your neck of the woods tomorrow and Wednesday on a business trip;)

Here’s something else that might help you out before flying, it give you some great information on weather/fly zones, etc. It’s an app called uavforecast which you can download free from the App Store, I think it’s also on android. I use it all the time before I fly;)

Have a look here UAV Forecast for more info.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan