DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best storing practice.

syzygos7

Reactions
I just want to know your experienced basing on how you kept your drones?
On my behalf after several flights hand blower it and I place them on a sealed plastic containers box to prevent moisture and dust. Btw i dont removed the batteries from my drones.
How do you kept yours?

I do this after every flying session:

• Removed SD Card and place it in my "Card Wallet"
  • Put Fresh SD Card in aircraft
  • Remove battery and place in the case indicating it's ready for charging
  • Do a thorough post-flight inspection on the total aircraft including camera lens, all props, and feel each motor for a change in smoothness.
  • Correct anything found during the inspection
  • Install Remove Before Flight Gimbal guard
  • Convert sUAS into Storage Mode
  • Place in Case & lock closed for transport

I do this after every flying session:

• Removed SD Card and place it in my "Card Wallet"
  • Put Fresh SD Card in aircraft
  • Remove battery and place in the case indicating it's ready for charging
  • Do a thorough post-flight inspection on the total aircraft including camera lens, all props, and feel each motor for a change in smoothness.
  • Correct anything found during the inspection
  • Install Remove Before Flight Gimbal guard
  • Convert sUAS into Storage Mode
  • Place in Case & lock closed for transport
Hmmm... i never thought about removing SD? I do transfer it pc and place it back format.. Nice job!

For storage I pack up the UAS into this pelican case. I typically keep it open in my office to air it out, JIC any moisture was collected at altitude during the flight. Whatever you do, don't allow any part of your UAS to stay plugged, you need to let the "SMART" portion of your batteries discharge to ensure maximum longevity.

Attachments

• Drone Storage.jpg
    Drone Storage.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 56
Reactions: syzygos7
If you are looking for long term storage, would it not make sense to drain the batteries down to hibernation mode. Same as when DJI ships. My understanding is they automatically enter hibernation mode when almost completely discharged.

Can anyone verify? Refute?

If you are looking for long term storage, would it not make sense to drain the batteries down to hibernation mode. Same as when DJI ships. My understanding is they automatically enter hibernation mode when almost completely discharged.

Let the batteries do their thing.

There is virtually no self-discharge below about 4.0V at 20C (68F); storing at 3.7V yields amazing longevity for most Li-ion systems. Finding the exact 40–50 percent SoC level to store Li-ion is not that important. At 40 percent charge, most Li-ion has an OCV of 3.82V/cell at room temperature. To get the correct reading after a charge or discharge, rest the battery for 90 minutes before taking the reading. If this is not practical, overshoot the discharge voltage by 50mV or go 50mV higher on charge. This means discharging to 3.77V/cell or charging to 3.87V/cell at a C-rate of 1C or less. The rubber band effect will settle the voltage at roughly 3.82V. Figure 1 shows the typical discharge voltage of a Li-ion battery.

Dji's firmware on the batteries will discharge them after sitting for a while, can't remember the exact number of days, 10 or 14 if memory serves, but probably wrong.

But they do look after themselves mostly.

Dji's firmware on the batteries will discharge them after sitting for a while, can't remember the exact number of days, 10 or 14 if memory serves, but probably wrong.

But they do look after themselves mostly.

You program the batteries from the DJI GO app, they will discharge on their own to whatever you set it to.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bant18