DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best VALUE 4k HDR monitor ?

vindibona1

Reactions
Democratic Peoples Republic of Crook County
When I got my last monitor 15 months ago I didn't see video editing in my future, so I got a very nice Dell monitor 2560x1440 that works well for photo editing (not HDR though), but now that I'm getting into video editing I think it's time I thought about upgrading to a 4k HDR monitor. My computer is an Alienware Aurora R7 w/i7-8700 chip and NVIDIA GTX1070 graphics card.

I'm not sure if I need a 32" screen as I tend to use dual monitors when I need more real estate, but it wouldn't hurt if I can find the right one. Given the same money I would be ok with a better 27" monitor, but if I could find the equivalent 32" monitor with excellent performance I would be swayed to go that route. I'm not sure what my budget is, but I'm not looking for something that's not up to snuff, even if it does save money.

Recommendations for an excellent 4k HDR monitor that you'd consider and excellent value and best bang for your buck, please?

I just play my drone vids on my 80” HDTV.
I don't suppose you do serious photoshop editing on it as well? I'm looking for something a little more professional.

Reactions: mereflyer

I mean, there's always that one. LMFAO

I recently replace two 23" Apple Displays with dual 27" BenQ PD2705QPD2705Q 27-inch Design Monitor with QHD, 100% sRGB, HDR, USB-C for $400 each. I'm very happy with them.
They are not 4K. They're 2560x1440, but I edit 4K video on them.

I almost purchased 4K monitors but decided against it. With a 27" monitor at 4K, the text, icons and menus are too small. So small that I would have a hard time reading them. If you're going 4K, you need a large monitor.

Using dual 27" gives me more screen area and allows me to have the timeline on one screen and video playing on the other.

I use an HDMI cable to my Mac Book Pro and use my 65" TV as the project monitor in Premiere Pro. All of the other controls, (timeline, media import palette, etc.,) stay on the laptop closeup but the playback window is on the big screen.

Just get a 4k TV and connect via hdmi. I use a 40inch Samsung 100hz which has a 4096 x 2160 res.

True I don’t. But the pics and vids also look great on my 5k 27” iMac.
I've been down the Apple rabbit hole before with an entire studio of Macs. While I can appreciate the appeal of Macs to some folks, if I were going to spend that much money I'd just upgrade my graphics card, close my eyes as I wrote the check for an Eizo monitor.

I've been down the Apple rabbit hole before with an entire studio of Macs. While I can appreciate the appeal of Macs to some folks, if I were going to spend that much money I'd just upgrade my graphics card, close my eyes as I wrote the check for an Eizo monitor.
In video editing, the CPU affects performance way more than graphics card. Graphics card affect things like 3D modeling and game apps...

These seem pretty fine to me. I am just finishing a new computer build (in my dining room :) ) and bought these 3 27" 4k monitors. They are 10-bit HDR ready. I paid $309 each, but that's the "renewed" price (New, $349). One of them was missing two metric screws to hold it together, but I had replacements in my kits, so no problem for me.

Highly recommended. I've been installing some software on this new pc and that's Davinci Resolve there, spread across the 3.

1603052678457.png

I recently replace two 23" Apple Displays with dual 27" BenQ PD2705QPD2705Q 27-inch Design Monitor with QHD, 100% sRGB, HDR, USB-C for $400 each. I'm very happy with them.
They are not 4K. They're 2560x1440, but I edit 4K video on them.

I almost purchased 4K monitors but decided against it. With a 27" monitor at 4K, the text, icons and menus are too small. So small that I would have a hard time reading them. If you're going 4K, you need a large monitor.

Using dual 27" gives me more screen area and allows me to have the timeline on one screen and video playing on the other.

I currently have a 1 year old Dell U2717D which also is a 2560x1440 and is a very good monitor for what it is. I have an i1 Display Pro colorimeter, so it's calibrated and profiled and is really a very good monitor for what it is. Not 4k or HDR. The question becomes how essential is the 4k HDR monitor to this type of work?

When I got my last monitor 15 months ago I didn't see video editing in my future, so I got a very nice Dell monitor 2560x1440 that works well for photo editing (not HDR though), but now that I'm getting into video editing I think it's time I thought about upgrading to a 4k HDR monitor. My computer is an Alienware Aurora R7 w/i7-8700 chip and NVIDIA GTX1070 graphics card.

I'm not sure if I need a 32" screen as I tend to use dual monitors when I need more real estate, but it wouldn't hurt if I can find the right one. Given the same money I would be ok with a better 27" monitor, but if I could find the equivalent 32" monitor with excellent performance I would be swayed to go that route. I'm not sure what my budget is, but I'm not looking for something that's not up to snuff, even if it does save money.

Recommendations for an excellent 4k HDR monitor that you'd consider and excellent value and best bang for your buck, please?
I recently got my first 4K monitor. It's a 27 inch Dell U2720Q. It has been outstanding in every way. I am a fan of Motorcycle Road Racing and bought a Video Pass to watch World Superbike racing which is shown in 1080P. Still and outstanding picture. Of course, watching 4K is Blissful!

I currently have a 1 year old Dell U2717D which also is a 2560x1440 and is a very good monitor for what it is. I have an i1 Display Pro colorimeter, so it's calibrated and profiled and is really a very good monitor for what it is. Not 4k or HDR. The question becomes how essential is the 4k HDR monitor to this type of work?
I would have to say it's going to depend on your end client. With me, and realtors, using my "out of the box" 4K IPS display on my laptop does just fine. It's a 2019 HP Spectre if you're interested. It allows me to edit on the road, plug in a GPU when I'm home for faster processing, and has a lightning fast SSD. The 15" monitor is small, yes, but for now it does the trick. If I need to see something larger I just screen cast to my 4K HDR TV.

Neither of my screens are calibrated but I've never had a complaint about color correction.

So saying all this, I would say you don't NEED the best, most calibrated display; a run of the mill 4K IPS panel should do.

These are my two cents, and like I said, it really depends on your client.

EDIT: I've also never had a client ask for 4K specifically.

I would have to say it's going to depend on your end client. With me, and realtors, using my "out of the box" 4K IPS display on my laptop does just fine. It's a 2019 HP Spectre if you're interested. It allows me to edit on the road, plug in a GPU when I'm home for faster processing, and has a lightning fast SSD. The 15" monitor is small, yes, but for now it does the trick. If I need to see something larger I just screen cast to my 4K HDR TV.

Neither of my screens are calibrated but I've never had a complaint about color correction.

So saying all this, I would say you don't NEED the best, most calibrated display; a run of the mill 4K IPS panel should do.

These are my two cents, and like I said, it really depends on your client.

EDIT: I've also never had a client ask for 4K specifically.

Worth adding that I have the new 4k AMOLED 15" Spectre and the colours are fantastic and the blacks are true blacks. Might not be the biggest, but I would highly reccomend it.

Admittedly, battery life does suffer a bit as a result, though...

If editing is your primary use case then have a look at the Benq EW3270U. (If you can find one)

It’s not even an IPS panel but at it’s price point there is nothing to better it for colour accuracy out of the box.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka