DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best Video Setting for 4K MP2?

Cajun Bob

Reactions
Hi, Newbie here.
I need recommendations for the best possible settings to capture the best possible 4 K video with my Mavic Pro 2.
I used it recently and while the footage was good, there seemed to be a bit of a Judder in the footage when playing it back.
While my mem cards were recommended by the Sales guy at B&H, I was thinking just maybe that could be the problem. It's happened on multiple cards and all are identical.
Help Please... your recommendations and experience are needed.
Thanks
Bob

Welcome to the forum.

The problem might be in the playback. It takes a fairly high powered computer with a high end graphics adapter to play 4K flawlessly.

Ken
Thanks for the reply. But our edit suites are loaded for bear. We do 4K editing all day long and have even done a number of 6k projects.
Mac towers,some of the best video cards and lots and lots of ram.
The judder is slight, but it’s there.
again thanks for the help.
Bob

Just for reference I shoot in 4K fully automatic (ISO, aperture, shutter, white balance, exposure), FOV .264 and play in back on my iPad Pro and the footage always looks smooth. Unfortunately, I’m not a camera expert so maybe others with more know how will chime in soon.

Hi, Newbie here.
I need recommendations for the best possible settings to capture the best possible 4 K video with my Mavic Pro 2.
I used it recently and while the footage was good, there seemed to be a bit of a Judder in the footage when playing it back.
While my mem cards were recommended by the Sales guy at B&H, I was thinking just maybe that could be the problem. It's happened on multiple cards and all are identical.
Thanks
Bob
Unlikely it's the card B&H does not have counterfeit card like Amazon (sometimes) - truth be told 4K is right at the hairy edge of the processing chips speed ratings.
You should just try other setting and see what you get.

Just for reference I shoot in 4K fully automatic (ISO, aperture, shutter, white balance, exposure), FOV .264 and play in back on my iPad Pro and the footage always looks smooth. Unfortunately, I’m not a camera expert so maybe others with more know how will chime in soon.
Ken,
Regardless... Thanks.. this is good to know. Bob

Reactions: Camino Ken
Hi, Newbie here.
Thanks
Bob
When I have a question about settings my first source is always a You Tube search. There are several very fine videos on M2P settings available. My go-to source is usually VicVideoPIC. I have also attached a page from You Tube for you to get started watchig
Hope this helps.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-05-14 at 10.29.37 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-14 at 10.29.37 AM.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 34
When I have a question about settings my first source is always a You Tube search. There are several very fine videos on M2P settings available. My go-to source is usually VicVideoPIC. I have also attached a page from You Tube for you to get started watchig
Hope this helps.

One more thing I think is worth mentioning. With Dales help, I also found Film Poets... His videos and understanding of the sensor and tested settings is awesome. Find out all you need to know without wasting a moment of your time.

Again, Thanks Dale.
Bob

One more thing I think is worth mentioning. With Dales help, I also found Film Poets... His videos and understanding of the sensor and tested settings is awesome. Find out all you need to know without wasting a moment of your time.

Again, Thanks Dale.
Bob
Thanks Bob (Cajun Bob) for the acknowledgement. Always happy to hear that my input helped.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Black Wolf