DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Binding/pairing questions

Geezer

Reactions
Since my Mavic Pro's ESC seems to have gone south, I'm thinking of buying a "new" bare aircraft to be able to continue to use my extensive collection of accessories, including the controller.
My questions are:
1. Are some machinations necessary to get the controller to talk to a different aircraft?
2. Where are the controller, camera, and various other settings stored? In the controller, aircraft, or device that's used for control/display?
Thanks for the info.

Are some machinations necessary to get the controller to talk to a different aircraft?
? You just need to pair the new Drone with the controller no problem. NOTE: The Drone and/or controllers must be compatible with one another.
Where are the controller, camera, and various other settings stored? In the controller, aircraft, or device that's used for control/display?
The settings that control the aircraft in flight are stored on the Drone. The camera settings are mainly on the Drone also.
The Mavic Pros are pretty cheap to get now and if you have the stuff for it I would certainly get another of the same You can find them between 250-500 on Ebay I still have a few of them They are the funnest to fly (even tho they are the easiest to break)
You could also replace the ESC that would be the way to go!

Last edited:
I must not have expressed my first question clearly enough.
Is pairing an old controller with a new drone complicated?

I must not have expressed my first question clearly enough.
Is pairing an old controller with a new drone complicated?
No. Unless the old controller is not compatible with the new drone. If so, pairing will be impossible

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PolKrestof