DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Black Screen, Help

JDawg

Reactions
Went out to take some later afternoon shots and had a black screen. Have searched the forum and have not found a solution. It will take a picture or video but the screen is black. I have not updated for awhile so I went through all of that and no help.
Planning on 5 days in the mountains next week with my kids and granddaughter and we were going to take a lot of pics and learn to edit together. If I can't get this figured out in time I may have to get the MP2 to hold me over.

Are you talking about the phone or tablet or the Mavic? If its your phone or tablet with a blank screen a MP2 isnt going to help anything.

Are you talking about the phone or tablet or the Mavic? If its your phone or tablet with a blank screen a MP2 isnt going to help anything.
I have an IPhone 6 that is all scrubbed and only used for the bird and it shows all of the headings and the little picture in the corner. Everything is working except the camera or video view on the phone. I can even takes picture and video blindly. I will hook it up to another phone and see what happens.

I went to the USB port and no change. I hooked up to my iphoneX and I got the picture. I have had weird issues with iphones when you don't do their updates and I am way behind with the 6 so I am currently updating it, it is taking forever. We will see.

Updated my phone and that fixed it. I have always had my 6 start acting weird if I did not update. Apple can be evil. A new problem though, black diagonal bars are appearing on the screen in high light areas. Back to the search box.
Edit- black bars = over exposure warning, duh.

Last edited:
Reactions: Porky
Always check EVERYTHING for updates, dont just do the forced ones.

Updated my phone and that fixed it. I have always had my 6 start acting weird if I did not update. Apple can be evil. A new problem though, black diagonal bars are appearing on the screen in high light areas. Back to the search box.
Edit- black bars = over exposure warning, duh.

Glad you got it sorted @JDawg looking forward to seeing some of your photos from your trip. Good luck with the editing.;)

Glad you got it sorted @JDawg looking forward to seeing some of your photos from your trip. Good luck with the editing.;)
Thanks! Was out this morning getting some raw sunrise pictures to work on. I worked on a few pictures I took from my house and really enjoyed it, I am not as intimidated as I was. My only worry is I am color blind so what looks good to me may look horrible to someone else. I am just depressed all of the pictures I have taken in the past are not raw, I have to build a new library.

Thanks! Was out this morning getting some raw sunrise pictures to work on. I worked on a few pictures I took from my house and really enjoyed it, I am not as intimidated as I was. My only worry is I am color blind so what looks good to me may look horrible to someone else. I am just depressed all of the pictures I have taken in the past are not raw, I have to build a new library.

We’re in the same boat my friend, both starting out from fresh with the Raw file format but I know we both can get this under our belts & smash it;)

Enjoy your trip, have fun & enjoy your flying, remember to post some photosThumbswayup

We’re in the same boat my friend, both starting out from fresh with the Raw file format but I know we both can get this under our belts & smash it;)

Enjoy your trip, have fun & enjoy your flying, remember to post some photosThumbswayup
Thanks and I will. I was thinking of some winter type pics next week but we are having a very late start this year. There is no chance for Mt Bachelor to be open for skiing, there is no snow. I will post pics in the beginners thread you started when I get some done.

Thanks and I will. I was thinking of some winter type pics next week but we are having a very late start this year. There is no chance for Mt Bachelor to be open for skiing, there is no snow. I will post pics in the beginners thread you started when I get some done.

Look forward to seeing them;)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arm1