DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Blade upgrade and storage strap?

wilmutiny3

Reactions
Hey I have an MA2 and I'm looking into getting new blades to reduce noise. Does anyone have any input for or against this and any blade recommendations? Also I'll be traveling and want to carry the drone with me. I have the soft shell case that came with the fly more package, but it would be more convenient at times to carry it from location to location. I had a strap for my mini that I liked, but it didn't always keep the blades in place. Any recommendations on a strap or another option? I usually carry a backpack so putting the drone bag inside the backpack makes it difficult to dig through both bags when I need quick access.

Any and all info would be appreciated! Thanks guys!

and just as a follow up I have the 6 pairs of low noise props that came in the fly more package, but was looking for quieter blades. I hope that makes sense.

Personally the only aftermarket props I would trust are made by MAS at $23 plus shipping for a complete set. They don't so much make the drone quieter but change the frequency to something less irritating and are, in my opinion, as good quality if not better than OEM. Anything else for sale on Amazon, Ebay or Ali would be highly suspect in my book especially if they offer a significantly lower price or report being quieter/ faster/ more durable than DJI. As for covering the props for transport I use a simple loop velcro strap so I can adjust the amount of pressure put on them.

I recently bought a used MMP kit from the classifieds here which came with many accessories, one of which is a set of 'low-noise' orange MAS propellers... honestly, I can't tell any difference in sound pressure between them and the OEM props. But I do agree with the above, MAS props are the only aftermarket ones I would ever trust.

Reactions: wilmutiny3
Personally the only aftermarket props I would trust are made by MAS at $23 plus shipping for a complete set. They don't so much make the drone quieter but change the frequency to something less irritating and are, in my opinion, as good quality if not better than OEM. Anything else for sale on Amazon, Ebay or Ali would be highly suspect in my book especially if they offer a significantly lower price or report being quieter/ faster/ more durable than DJI. As for covering the props for transport I use a simple loop velcro strap so I can adjust the amount of pressure put on them.
So with the MAS props not really making anything quieter do you think they are worth the extra money?

I recently bought a used MMP kit from the classifieds here which came with many accessories, one of which is a set of 'low-noise' orange MAS propellers... honestly, I can't tell any difference in sound pressure between them and the OEM props. But I do agree with the above, MAS props are the only aftermarket ones I would ever trust.
thank you! that's good to know.

So with the MAS props not really making anything quieter do you think they are worth the extra money?
their newest props promise more than just quiet, they also promise more speed, and longer flight time ... and many other claims

all that would be great, I'm wondering if the red color helps with VLOS - I have misgivings, but for $20 i might give it a shot - as soon as they are available - the black ones are out now - DJI Air 2S STEALTH Upgrade Propellers - x4 Black

It's the percieved volume differential that is most noticeable. There might be a dB or 2 less actual noise but when the frequency changes from a baby crying to a man humming really loudly( just for context) and it's almost like night and day. So you factor in a less annoying sound that may be quieter too along with ever so slightly improved speed and battery life as well as being able to pick out a color that is higher visibility for better vlos tracking