DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Blue / cold looking images but only in photo mode

stridy

Reactions
Hi, can anyone please help me. I can take lovely footage in video mode but when I switch to photos they're always very blurry / cold looking (in auto mode) ??

Hi, can anyone please help me. I can take lovely footage in video mode but when I switch to photos they're always very blurry / cold looking (in auto mode) ??
If you could post an example, it would help to give correct advice.
But generally if photos look too blue or too yellow, the problem is the White Balance setting being incorrect for the light conditions you are photographing in.

Reactions: stridy
But generally if photos look too blue or too yellow, the problem is the White Balance setting being incorrect for the light conditions you are photographing in.
Hi, thanks for the advice, an example attached.

Attachments

• RemoteMediaFile_6553695_0_2021_01_25_13_29_18.pdf
    3 MB · Views: 34
Your help have fixed my problem. I didn't realise a separate w/b setting :)

Reactions: Repaid1 and Meta4
I had the same issue. Very cold and cyanish. It seems to have gotten better. You can easily fix it in post.

I had the same issue. Very cold and cyanish. It seems to have gotten better. You can easily fix it in post.
It seems to have become better?
If your images are looking too cool and blue, there's a problem with white balance and it's not something that just gets better.
If you have a malfunctioning Auto WB or you use an incorrect WB setting, your images will look too yellow or too blue.
Using the correct setting is the way to eliminate the issue.

It seems to have become better?
If your images are looking too cool and blue, there's a problem with white balance and it's not something that just gets better.
If you have a malfunctioning Auto WB or you use an incorrect WB setting, your images will look too yellow or too blue.
Using the correct setting is the way to eliminate the issue.
I have it set to auto white balance. I think the issue with the first couple flights were from taking off from a shady parking lot and the white balance never adjusted when I got into the sun. Don’t know why but all is fine now.