DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Blurry mSD video & skipping when panning (already researched)

snovvman

Reactions
New MP, seeing two issues (subject) after a few flights. I've read the threads here and on the DJI forum, but nothing I found explains my MP issue.

1) Blurry videos stored on MicroSD. I used HD caching, and the cached videos were clear. The mSD is a Samsung U3 64GB (test at >60MB/Write). No style (0,0,0). 1920 @ 30 FPS. Again, the cached videos were clear but the corresponding mSD videos were blurry. This eliminates focusing and camera issues. The mSD should be fast enough. I don't know what else it could be.

2) The videos skip when panning. I've read the threads about frame rate and slowing the panning. I deliberately panned slowly, but it still skips. I will try tripod mode and 60 FPS next time.

Any ideas on either of the above?

Thanks.

Edit: Since I can't strike-thru the text above, I grayed them out instead. The issue I raised requires more research on my part. As much as I thought that the AC was source of the problems, it appears to have been caused by Google Photos (GP). For me, GP is setup to sync all videos/photos. The cached video syncs up as soon as they are written to the phone and the mSD/full size videos begin syncing once they are pulled from the AC to the phone.

Once the sync is complete, they can be seen from other devices and GP on the web. I am now surmising that, even though the videos are available for viewing on GP, they are still being processed in the backend. Immediately viewing the videos will yield quality (blurry and choppy) results. The high-motion frames are especially noticeable. I will do more testing and report back anything useful.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SlayTech