DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Bothwell Castle

Drumsagard

Reactions
Some video footage from a couple of recent trips to the river Clyde near Bothwell in Lanarkshire, Scotland.
For info: Bothwell Castle is a large medieval castle, sited on a high, steep bank, above a bend in the River Clyde in South Lanarkshire, Scotland. It is located between Bothwell and Uddingston, about 10 miles south-east of Glasgow. Construction of the castle was begun in the 13th century by the ancestors of Clan Murray, to guard a strategic crossing point of the Clyde. Bothwell played a key role in Scotland's Wars of Independence, changing hands several times. The huge cylindrical donjon was built in the 13th century, but before the rest of the castle was completed it was severely damaged in a series of sieges. Rebuilding in the early 15th century enlarged the castle, but it was abandoned by the 18th century. The present ruin is rectangular, with the remains of the donjon to the west, and the later Great Hall to the east. The courtyard is enclosed by long curtain walls, with round towers at the south-east and south-west corners. The castle was described by Scottish archaeologist William Douglas Simpson as one of the "foremost secular structures of the Middle Ages in Scotland".

Hi Drumsagard,
the light and the colors are symply fantastic and the shots too...Very smoth! I missed some nice close up shots from the castle. Only my two cents:)
thanks for showing us the amazing video!
cheers Paul

Reactions: Drumsagard
Some video footage from a couple of recent trips to the river Clyde near Bothwell in Lanarkshire, Scotland.
For info: Bothwell Castle is a large medieval castle, sited on a high, steep bank, above a bend in the River Clyde in South Lanarkshire, Scotland. It is located between Bothwell and Uddingston, about 10 miles south-east of Glasgow. Construction of the castle was begun in the 13th century by the ancestors of Clan Murray, to guard a strategic crossing point of the Clyde. Bothwell played a key role in Scotland's Wars of Independence, changing hands several times. The huge cylindrical donjon was built in the 13th century, but before the rest of the castle was completed it was severely damaged in a series of sieges. Rebuilding in the early 15th century enlarged the castle, but it was abandoned by the 18th century. The present ruin is rectangular, with the remains of the donjon to the west, and the later Great Hall to the east. The courtyard is enclosed by long curtain walls, with round towers at the south-east and south-west corners. The castle was described by Scottish archaeologist William Douglas Simpson as one of the "foremost secular structures of the Middle Ages in Scotland".
Excellent cinematic flying, well done!

Hi Drumsagard,
the light and the colors are symply fantastic and the shots too...Very smoth! I missed some nice close up shots from the castle. Only my two cents:)
thanks for showing us the amazing video!
cheers Paul
Hi Paul, thanks for your feedback. I couldn't get any closer to the castle as I'd have lost VLOS. I was filming from the opposite side of the river, behind the tree line. The castle and surrounding land on the north bank of the river is owned by Historic Environment Scotland who do not allow TOAL on their property.

Great video, well done. (Bit different than Cambuslang eh?)
Maybe meet up after this pandemic malarkey and you can give me a few lessons.
Hi, thanks, it certainly is lol I take it you are local then? Yes, no probs. Thumbswayup

Reactions: Yogi053
Beautiful flying and great music, I was waiting for Game Of Thrones to come on any minute.

Dear John,
Thank you very much for sharing this vid with us.
As said before excellent flying and filming!
What a good fortune this beautiful light, it's almost bathing a golden layer on the castle which more often will have seen grey skies!

Do post more, please because I do miss Scotland after falling in love with the land and it's people since my holiday there in 2018.

Ruud

Dear John,
Thank you very much for sharing this vid with us.
As said before excellent flying and filming!
What a good fortune this beautiful light, it's almost bathing a golden layer on the castle which more often will have seen grey skies!

Do post more, please because I do miss Scotland after falling in love with the land and it's people since my holiday there in 2018.

Ruud
Hi Ruud, thanks for your kind comments. Yes, the light was beautiful that morning. I have a few more castles in mind to film, but will have to wait till after the current lockdown.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lboogie007