DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bottom of drone really hot?

Matto1981

Reactions
So I've put about 9 batteries worth of flights through my MA2 and it's been pretty awesome. I hand catch it 95% of the time. I don't recall it ever being overly hot on the bottom half. Today I just did some backyard flying, not above fence level, normal and tripod mode, and when I landed it in my hand it seemed pretty hot, at least enough for me to notice it. Not burning hand hot, but hot enough to not seem right. There were no errors or anything abnormal on the fly app. The temp outside was around 95F.

Is this normal or something to be concerned about?

Thanks!

think about it for a moment ,you were flying low and slow ,so there was very little airflow over the drone ,also its hotter close to the ground than it is at 200 ft so the combination of these things means the drone runs hotter

I flew my M2P for 10-mins at 48C (~120F) in quite a strong wind in Western Australia. The motors were certainly warm but the drone body was much cooler than I had expected. It was the only chance I got to get a shot before the clouds rolled in.

I flew my M2P for 10-mins at 48C (~120F) in quite a strong wind in Western Australia. The motors were certainly warm but the drone body was much cooler than I had expected. It was the only chance I got to get a shot before the clouds rolled in.
The bottom is a big heat sink “Hence metal” and strong winds. That makes sense motors worked hard, body cooled nicely. That’s what I’m thinking but what do I know. ?

why not use a nice iced whisky it will protect the electronics and cool down the pilot as well

And, if you want to cool it down quick, I use Ice Packs under the drone. Mine is up from the ground about 4" where its not touching the body. I use them when running props at high RPM to check my motor temp before flight. Keeps things cool, then I fly. Makes me feel better that motors are not over heating.

That’s a waste of Bushmills Black Bush. Might try some of that cheap Guinness ?
who said anything about cooling the drone

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi