DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bought a used Mavic Pro hope it’s not junk need help!

nobiffbetter

Reactions
Hey guys so years ago I owned a phantom 3 advanced I use to use it all the time and also did a lot of long distance flying as well. I sold the drone a few years ago and found a mavic pro for $500 with all the accessories and 3 battery’s right down the road from me so I jumped on it.

Everything seemed to work perfectly fine accept for these issues:

Issue #1 Go4 app says “Controller stick interference” for 2 days that I have messed around with this drone and have not been able to get this message to go away.. what does it mean exactly? What is the fix?

Issue #2 On first Flight with the quad all seemed great accept I noticed the quad wouldn’t hover in one place, I had over 17 satellites and great reception everything was green accept for (issue #1) which said controller Stick error in red.. with my hands off the joysticks the quad would hover then slowly climb up 5 to even 10 feet in the air.. then would slowly decent almost till it was 5’ above the ground or less then go back up to where I first left it before going back up 5-10 feet again.. it didn’t seem to really drift side to side so much but up and down it was REAL bad. This kept me from taking it up passed 15 feet as I didn’t want something to malfunction by the way it was acting. I already tried calibrating the IMU, the controller joysticks, the gimbal, and the compass and nothing helped.

I am not running any SD card currently I have to buy one yet.

Now I’m running the newest IOS version on iPhone 11 Pro, newest app version.. but my drone is still on its original version I believe.. it’s one of the oldest versions. I did not want to update it because if I ever decided to Tweek the perimeters then I could with this version and if i update it then I feel ill never be able to get back to this (good) version.. but if you guys think that this is deffinelty the cause and if there is nothing I can try BEFORE updating the firmware version then I will have no choice but to do it... also if I do then can I return back to this older version?

Let me know if you guys have any questions for me, I’m sure you’ll wanna know many more details just ask and I’ll deliver, thanks!

Hey guys so years ago I owned a phantom 3 advanced I use to use it all the time and also did a lot of long distance flying as well. I sold the drone a few years ago and found a mavic pro for $500 with all the accessories and 3 battery’s right down the road from me so I jumped on it.

Everything seemed to work perfectly fine accept for these issues:

Issue #1 Go4 app says “Controller stick interference” for 2 days that I have messed around with this drone and have not been able to get this message to go away.. what does it mean exactly? What is the fix?

Issue #2 On first Flight with the quad all seemed great accept I noticed the quad wouldn’t hover in one place, I had over 17 satellites and great reception everything was green accept for (issue #1) which said controller Stick error in red.. with my hands off the joysticks the quad would hover then slowly climb up 5 to even 10 feet in the air.. then would slowly decent almost till it was 5’ above the ground or less then go back up to where I first left it before going back up 5-10 feet again.. it didn’t seem to really drift side to side so much but up and down it was REAL bad. This kept me from taking it up passed 15 feet as I didn’t want something to malfunction by the way it was acting. I already tried calibrating the IMU, the controller joysticks, the gimbal, and the compass and nothing helped.

I am not running any SD card currently I have to buy one yet.

Now I’m running the newest IOS version on iPhone 11 Pro, newest app version.. but my drone is still on its original version I believe.. it’s one of the oldest versions. I did not want to update it because if I ever decided to Tweek the perimeters then I could with this version and if i update it then I feel ill never be able to get back to this (good) version.. but if you guys think that this is deffinelty the cause and if there is nothing I can try BEFORE updating the firmware version then I will have no choice but to do it... also if I do then can I return back to this older version?

Let me know if you guys have any questions for me, I’m sure you’ll wanna know many more details just ask and I’ll deliver, thanks!
The guys here can read your logs to see what is going on, but from the sounds of it, you have a bad controller as hands off it is still sending control movement to aircraft. The MP1 used hall sensor instead of the traditionally used potentiometer, sounds like your is wacky ;) So either post logs or try and find someone with another controller to just check.

Any magnets close to the controller can have an effect on the hall sensors in the controller. Check the edges of whatever mobile device you are using. I find that with the iPad mini 4 orientating it with the home button on the right has least effect (fewer magnets near the controller).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miguelmas