DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Brand new ... need help

op_tomlinson

Reactions
Took my Mavic pro cross country to catch an air view of my sister's house in L.A. (Lower Alabama) in the nice little town of Daphne. My Mavic was too far away to respond to my attempt at over-ride and landed in the top of a Pecan tree My flight log shows it at 30.600143 -87.911792 ... 64' in the air. I think the only way to get it down is a skilled pilot with a hook on said pilots drone. Any help would be greatly appreciated. My sis will mail it back to me if you can help. Thanks, OP

If you post the log files, DAT and txt, I am sure someone will have a crack at them and in so doing probably provock more interest.

Sorry for your loss and welcome to the forums - a lot of good info here. Also, the search function (magnifying glass icon upper right) is a great way to find answers to many of the questions a "newbie" will have. We were all "newbies" at one point.

Hopefully it will find it's way safely to the ground

Reactions: old man mavic
There are "tree climber" groups you can contact that specialize in getting objects out of trees like this. Try searching Google to see if you can find one nearby. If that fails, maybe an Arborist could help.

Good luck..crossing my fingers and hoping someone will come up with a method that will work for you..lot's of success story's with drones in trees

Use a fishing rod (baitercaster reel for more accuracy) and cast a line with a heavy lead sinker on the end and then drag it back in, you should be able to shake the branch a lot.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliyindian