DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

broken gimbal?

E M

Reactions
Thanks for the reply! I haven't actually turned it on since the crash. So I need to check for error messages and if it still records video? Anything else I need to check?

The video records fine. The gimbal makes kind of an odd noise when it tries to move. Maybe because it is hanging by one side.

I get an ‘Aircraft Motor Overloaded. Check whether gimbal clamp is removed.’ And I also get a ‘Gimbal Obstructed’ message when I shoot a video.

You can buy the whole gimbal assembly from numerous sources that part out Mavics.
I got mine off eBay from Jenny's RC.

Reactions: looper222
You can buy the whole gimbal assembly from numerous sources that part out Mavics.
I got mine off eBay from Jenny's RC.

Does it sound like that’s all I need to do? Is that pretty easy to replace yourself?

I have had two crashes and damaged the camera both times. The first one was pretty hard and I didn't want to get into taking the gimbal apart so I bought the whole assembly.
Lots of videos are available to guide you through the swap and I found that it went pretty well. Once you get the shell apart, there are four flat ribbon cable connectors that took a bit of time because they are 'glued' down with a silicone compound. Other than that, four screws and a small plastic connector.

My second crash was not as bad. Like the first instance, the camera still worked after the crash but I got the gimbal overload error. I then bought two ribbon cables and installed them on both gimbals. The first cable replacement took about 3 hours but the second was only about 45 minutes. The first gimbal is still a little off. My guess is that the horizontal motor is binding as that is the motion where the gimbal calibration fails. It works but I have to reboot the Mavic a couple of times to get it to respond. The second cable replacement job went perfectly and every thing works like new.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeeSpecAutomotive