DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Broken rear left arm foot

TheGroove

Reactions
So I managed to crash my drone as I was landing at night, it munched the blades pretty good and got a couple of dings, that seems manageable but I broke this foot piece pretty good and not sure if it's something I can replace, or will I need to replace the entire arm?

I tried to look it up but I'm not sure what this wiring is for, maybe an antenna? As you can see the cap is busted up pretty good and missing a tiny piece. I see I can replace the entire arm but not sure how involved the repair would be. Any thoughts on the best approach here? It does still seem to fly without any issues otherwise but don't want to take any unnecessary risks without knowing what this is.

Attachments

• IMG_0297.JPG
    IMG_0297.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0296.JPG
    IMG_0296.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 20
If the drone is still under warranty then a DIY arm replacement will almost certainly invalidate the warranty and probably invalidate any care refresh etc..
Replacing the arm would mean you have to open the drone and do some soldering, any arms available to you are likely second hand or pattern.

Reactions: TheGroove
If the drone is still under warranty then a DIY arm replacement will almost certainly invalidate the warranty and probably invalidate any care refresh etc..
Replacing the arm would mean you have to open the drone and do some soldering, any arms available to you are likely second hand or pattern.
Okay, I do have the care refresh, maybe it's worth sending it in.

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
Okay, I do have the care refresh, maybe it's worth sending it in.
In that case I would. Remove your mSD card, it is likely you will get a replacement drone (possibly new ) rather than your old drone being repaired.
BUT, if you can, it might be worth asking for a repair quote before you authorise usage of care refresh.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boonaga