DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bucks County, PA

nathanielorion

Reactions
Hi there !
I've been flying for awhile in Bucks County in the Doylestown area and am looking for new spots, especially this time of year to capture the fall foliage. There are many great hills, lakes, etc. in the area but I find it rather difficult to find a good place to stop, park and launch without feeling slightly uneasy about it. Most of the time I find a quiet spot in a residential neighborhood to launch, even though I am really looking for shots of farmland and geographical features. Sometimes I'm lucky enough to find a service area on the side of a road or open community parks. It's really a shame county parks are off limits, since they provide scenery and safety through visibility. Anyone have any ideas ? I don't mind driving a little ways if the location is worth it.

Reactions: svickstc
Have you tried Lake Galena or Lake Nockamixon? I'm not sure if you can fly there but it's worth a phone call. (I've lived in D-town all my life but 5 years ago moved to Asheville, NC).
Another awesome spot is Ringing Rocks. Again, a state park but just ask. Upper Black Eddy has some beautiful roads/farms/scenery, have you tried any of them? Have you tried some secluded areas in and around the Delaware River?

In bucks also....u just have to venture out and find new places....it is getting harder. But lots of spots in bucks and surrounding areas

In Bucks as well, new member here.

We can't fly at any PA State Parks, so Nockamixon is out, Beltzville has an area where you can get a permit to fly but they are in fields.

I am going for my Part 107 Knowledge exam shortly

We can't fly at any PA State Parks, so Nockamixon is out, Beltzville has an area where you can get a permit to fly but they are in fields.

I lived in Doylestown for 55 years but recently moved to Asheville, NC. We come back to visit one of our daughters in Lansdale 5 or 6 times a year. Drop me your cell or e-mail address and I'll give you a shout next time we come up to visit.
Mike

Agree no State Parks , I got kick out from Bowman tower ( leave in New Hop) early fall, just got
my licence but seems like no place to fly, maybe because all looks dull right now. I find out that Philadelphia is a drone friendly so soon the weather gets better I be going down.

Was just down in philly yesterday shot this

Please send me a message next time you going, I will be happy to carry your bag :).

Great footage and flying, when the warmer weather breaks I wouldn't mind tagging along and learning some things
Thank u and sure man!

Please send me a message next time you going, I will be happy to carry your bag :).
Haha welcome to come along anytime.

P.s its only my second edit. Done on an ipad

I live in Montgomery County, Pa and ive been looking for some spots to fly as well. Im new to drones and flying and just trying to figure out the laws and whats acceptable and not. Im also new to this site so I guess this is sorta my introduction as well. If anyone in the area can point me in any direction it would be much appreciated.

I live in Montgomery County, Pa and ive been looking for some spots to fly as well. Im new to drones and flying and just trying to figure out the laws and whats acceptable and not. Im also new to this site so I guess this is sorta my introduction as well. If anyone in the area can point me in any direction it would be much appreciated.
I'm in Montco and have searched some of the township and boro websites for any mention of UAVs or drones to find places to fly. I also emailed the county parks dept to ask them for more specifics about the vauge drone rule on the website.
(PTHS Rules and Regulations document, rule 27 states that UAS and Drone use is permitted only in designated and posted areas.)
They said to contact the individual county parks to find out if drone use is permitted. I've read at least one account of a pilot being grounded at Lower Perkiomen Valley Park in Audubon but I don't know about the other parks.
Meanwhile, I've just trying to (figuratively) fly under the radar: find a spot, fly 1 battery, get out quick.

Heading to Ringing Rock Falls this weekend and was really sad to read the no-drone rules for State Parks. Are there any drone-friendly and picturesque areas outside the Park that might be worth checking out?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deltabird