DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Buying refurbished drone, can I delay Care Refresh?

Jawhn

Reactions
My wife is planning to buy me a refurbished Mini 2 from Dronenerds for Christmas. She wants to buy it soon so there's no backorder problems. She says I can't open it until Christmas. Do I have to get Care Refresh right away, or can I do it when I activate it?

As long as it's not been flow, you buy DJI Care prior to it's first flight.

You can still get care refresh after it's been flow although it's a pain to do. You have to video the drone in flight and jump through a few hoops with DJI. Much better to get before the drone has been flown.

Your flights will be synced to DJI, so expect you will be fine. Call DJI support to confirm.

I won't even open the box till Christmas morning, so I should be fine.
You'll be fine. I buy mine before activation and enter the serial number of the aircraft & gimbal. As there's now flyaway insurance, you select the controller to activate flyaway insurance with once you're drone is activated and ready for flight; if you have a smart controller, you have a choice, if not, just use the controller that comes with the drone.

Happy holidays. :)

I purchased Care Refresh 2 months after activating my Air2S. It's actually, Done easier than said. But in the O.P.s case, he won't be needing to do that.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22