DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Buying used Mavic 2 Pro

trotteritco

Reactions
Hi, as the title say, I have and offer from my friend to buy Mavic 2 Pro with 5 batteries and lots of accessories for good money, around 700 EUR. Drone is in service for replacement of two arms, front and rear. One or two batteries are swollen, but maybe I can get replacement from DJI.
My main concern are the batteries, for now, Mavic 2 Enterprise is probably still in production, but for how long will the batteries be available? And how reliable is this drone? What do you think, is it worth buying it or should I rather invest in Air 2S?

Thanks!

Reactions: Chris4koi
Are you familiar with the Fly app? That will be your platform with the Air2s. The M2 pro runs on the Go4 app.
May not matter, but something to consider.

If the Mavic 2 Pro comes back fixed/replaced by DJI themselves then it is likely to be in as good a condition as possible if not actually brand new. I would ask for the history of the batteries. You can in the app check the date of manufacture of the batteries and the number of times they have been charged, unfortunately that has to be done one battery at a time.
With regards to reliability, I would say great.
With regards to comparison with an Air 2S or any other drones, compare price and weight and where you will be, and are, permitted to fly legally and compare the with where you WISH to fly.

The Fly app is a kid's plaything in comparison to the Go4 app and not in a good way.

The batteries should remain available for a while since the Enterprise series uses the same batteries and they are still selling that.

Thanks guys for your replies. Fly app, is not a problem, I am familiar, and I'm also a tech nerd, so not something challenging for me.
I was planning to check how much charges batteries have, also, maybe DJI will replace them. Regarding arms repair, it's done by official repair center here in Croatia, I guess they will do good job, will do a check on a test flight.
Regarding flying legally, Air2S and Pro are in the same category A2 by EASA. @Yorkshire_Pud I'm glad you said it's reliable, this is what matters the most to me.
@MavicAir2Marc thanks, that's a bonus, because as I have Mavic Air which is great, and I love it, but can't find new batteries, just used ones and thst's if I'm lucky.

Any special thing to check on Mavic 2 Pro while inspecting it, any special weaknesses I should be looking for?

I can still get batteries for the Phantom 3 Pro. There are a few original batteries, though they seem used, but the rest are knock-offs. So if you don't mind 3rd party, batteries will probably outlive your ownership of the M2, And for now, there are still plenty of new/original batteries.

Chris

any special weaknesses I should be looking for?
I crashed one, the front arms are carried on a pivot that has a spigot sticking out of its top the spigot can be bent and this can push the pivot out of line, on my drone the affected arm drooped when compare to the other front arm but this (the bend in the spigot) should be picked up by a competant repair person so I doubt it would be missed by a DJI repairer.
The rear arms have a small lug on the inner end of the shaft of their pivot, it seems to act as a travel limiter when the arm is in the flying position and a detent lock when the arm is folded for storage. From bit's advertised on ebay it appears that this lug is often broken off in suitable crashes,
I noticed no problem until after the first rebuild, then I noticed the arm wobbling up and down at various power settings, the drone wobbled too. I landed the drone then started the motors and slowly throttled up, the arm could be seen to lift and the motors sped up, there was probably a corresponding rotation but I was looking for the arm lfiting and lowering.
No damage was visible until I removed the arm and then the break looked like a casting moulding sprue break off point, it wasn't until I had a poke around in the portion of the pivot that sits in the drone that I found the broken off lug.
I doubt their is a fix other that replacing the arm, as the break surfaces were contaminated with silicon? 'grease'.
Always check the battery is well seated and both clips are home. It's a good idea to check the mounting lugs (3) on each propeller from time to time, if they were to break off, from a stress/fatigue crack etc they could jam the motor. My crash broke one lug of a propeller.

I crashed one, the front arms are carried on a pivot that has a spigot sticking out of its top the spigot can be bent and this can push the pivot out of line, on my drone the affected arm drooped when compare to the other front arm but this (the bend in the spigot) should be picked up by a competant repair person so I doubt it would be missed by a DJI repairer.
The rear arms have a small lug on the inner end of the shaft of their pivot, it seems to act as a travel limiter when the arm is in the flying position and a detent lock when the arm is folded for storage. From bit's advertised on ebay it appears that this lug is often broken off in suitable crashes,
I noticed no problem until after the first rebuild, then I noticed the arm wobbling up and down at various power settings, the drone wobbled too. I landed the drone then started the motors and slowly throttled up, the arm could be seen to lift and the motors sped up, there was probably a corresponding rotation but I was looking for the arm lfiting and lowering.
No damage was visible until I removed the arm and then the break looked like a casting moulding sprue break off point, it wasn't until I had a poke around in the portion of the pivot that sits in the drone that I found the broken off lug.
I doubt their is a fix other that replacing the arm, as the break surfaces were contaminated with silicon? 'grease'.
Always check the battery is well seated and both clips are home. It's a good idea to check the mounting lugs (3) on each propeller from time to time, if they were to break off, from a stress/fatigue crack etc they could jam the motor. My crash broke one lug of a propeller.
Thanks for this!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catalinbbc27