DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

CAA survey on Drone and Model Aircraft Safety

zocalo

Reactions
It seems the UK's CAA is doing a survey on Drone and Model Aircraft Safety. I guess they've emailed those who have registered as UK pilots and opted in to this kind of thing, but if that doesn't include you and you want to submit your opinions you can do so here: Drone and model aircraft safety information It'll only take 2-5 minutes to complete, and you have until 11th February.

Here's the blurb from my email:

How your answers will help keep drone and model aircraft flying safe​

Use of drones and model aircraft has grown rapidly in recent years and the potential commercial and personal benefits they offer for the UK are huge.

To fully realise all of these, we need to make sure that remotely piloted aircraft continue to be used safely. One of the ways we’ll achieve this is by understanding the changing nature of safety concerns as aircraft are put to different uses and the number of flights grows.

We’ll do this by building a clear and easy-to-use system for gathering and sharing information on safety-related occurrences.

The information you provide in this survey will be invaluable to this process and help shape safe flying for the exciting years to come.

The survey is optional to complete.

Yep, received it in my inbox this afternoon. It all seems quite innocuous, but I do wonder what instigated this.
I certainly don't mind clear rules and regulations, but do have a concern that the worst case scenarios and behaviour, such as the recent incident at a football stadium, will drive new restrictions and legislation.

yes i did and yes i have

Yep, received it in my inbox this afternoon. It all seems quite innocuous, but I do wonder what instigated this.
I certainly don't mind clear rules and regulations, but do have a concern that the worst case scenarios and behaviour, such as the recent incident at a football stadium, will drive new restrictions and legislation.
It seems to be generated by commercial Survey Monkey. That was the window that opened on completion. I thought it was direct from CAA according to the logo.

It seems to be generated by commercial Survey Monkey. That was the window that opened on completion. I thought it was direct from CAA according to the logo.
Survey Monkey just hosts surveys and collates the response data for other people, but the survey itself would have been produced by the CAA, then tack what is essentially an ad for their services on the end. The CAA will get back a pretty report full of graphs and statistical analysis without all the hassle of having to do it themselves, so it can be a big time saver, especially if you don't have anyone clued up on stats on staff.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Htrismegistus