DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cable connection to iPad Air 2

hi yes I do connect the ipad and I use a thor 30cm lead. It was a part of the deal with the lifor mount system.
here is one but its 6'

yes it's a battle in australia. all the amazon ones are unavailable in aus or $130 lol. I ended up just going to JB hifi and getting the apple one. I Use a bit of velcro cable management stuff to help with the extra length.

I'll keep my eyes open for a nicer shorter one in the meantime and if you do the same that would be great,

hi yes I do connect the ipad and I use a thor 30cm lead. It was a part of the deal with the lifor mount system.
here is one but its 6'

That one in Norway looks great.
here is one but its 6'

In regards to the Thor cable I just chatted online with them $15 USD for Cable $35 USD for DHL express to Australia. As much as i'd like one I just cannot justify that amount for a cable that I already have lol. Hopefully, we get something decent imported or on amazon one day

That one in Norway looks great.

In regards to the Thor cable I just chatted online with them $15 USD for Cable $35 USD for DHL express to Australia. As much as i'd like one I just cannot justify that amount for a cable that I already have lol. Hopefully, we get something decent imported or on amazon one day
I know! When I bought the mount they gave away a free cable...all good until the cable I got wasnt the one expected. They had a faulty batch of the coiled cables so they put together a dodgy one and sent the lot out....i then get a email from them saying sorry and if you want what was promised please let us know and we will send it out FOC for the cable.....But $USD35 for shipping...
why the hell they didnt wait an extra week till they got the right cable is beyond me.
I am going to wait till this covid thing is over and get them to regular post it.

I know! When I bought the mount they gave away a free cable...all good until the cable I got wasnt the one expected. They had a faulty batch of the coiled cables so they put together a dodgy one and sent the lot out....i then get a email from them saying sorry and if you want what was promised please let us know and we will send it out FOC for the cable.....But $USD35 for shipping...
why the hell they didnt wait an extra week till they got the right cable is beyond me.
I am going to wait till this covid thing is over and get them to regular post it.
that's very rough and it always feels doubly frustrating being on the other side of the world. . It's funny in Australia you tell OS retailers to just send to regular post for small cheap items. If it gets lost, well it gets lost, I'm willing to take the small chance it happens to me for the price of the cheap option. But so often they just will not go there.

Be good to see DJI make their controller designs to also incorporate tablet usage. (guessing it's cost savings)

Got to say I wanted a better-fitted cable but I really don't mind the apple one since I've been using it. I've got to pull out the tablet mount anyway so the cable is always with me. It doesn't;t get in my way too.
Unless the perfect cable comes up at the perfect price I'm going to stick with it. But bugger it, my desire for things to fit properly and look good often compels me to change my mind from the pragmatic haha.

Thanks for the info. Looks like the apple cable is the most cost effective, but I presume you will also need an adapter. Apparently DJI stores have a type C OTG adapter for $10.

Try this one from Amazon.com. Should be available from Amazon.au too!

Thanks for the info. Looks like the apple cable is the most cost effective, but I presume you will also need an adapter. Apparently DJI stores have a type C OTG adapter for $10.
no adapter required. apple do a USB-C to lightning 1m cable at all JB hi-fi's behind the counter

You could also have a look at this 30cm one

Oh wow nice find. I seriously looked all through amazon to find something. Not bad. 30cm perfect lacking right angles but better then 100cm from Apple.
Thanks mate.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mawfia