DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cables for 3rd and 4th gen iPad pros

Artemis

Reactions
Just wanted to share this because it took me a while to sort this out…. It seems most do not have issues getting the Dji fly app working with there tablets but when I did my due diligence before ordering a cable it seems the iPad Pro did have issues, also should note this apparently does not apply to the 5th gen…. But anyway needed a longer cable because I will not be mounting the 12.9 to the controller, it will be on a stand next to me, and although I would prefer a 6 or 10ft Cable this is the only one that seemed certain to work, however only one testimonial I found says so…. this One is only 2 ft long , but It was important to me to have something to work with it since my phone is a iPhone mini . So here is the link…. Luckily it’s on Amazon so if it’s too short to be useful I can return it. If you have a 12.9 4th gen working with a long cable then please post a link… will come in handy not just for me but for others that want to do this Amazon.com : PGYTECH Type-C to Type-C Cable 65cm for Mavic Mini 2/ Osmo Pocket 2/ Mavic air 2/ Mavic Mini/Mavic 2 : Electronics

Last edited:
I have a reasonably long 4ft? Cable Matters USB-C cable that works. I just have to be sure to attach it to my controller the "correct" way. If I flip the cable one way it works, if I flip over the same end the other way it fails. True with any USB-C cable and my new iPad 12.9.

Thanks, I ordered the short pyg mostly because I wanted to ensure I had something that would work for first flights, however I’ll probably try some others without knowing…. Several advertise the usb c with 10mbs transfer rates but it seems to have more to do with the chipset configuration and so there is no way to know except to try….. but perhaps since I have not flown before it’s actually important to have the screen in view 100% of the time …. The biggest disadvantage of course is having to stand in front of it all the time, I have a stepladder with a shelf that seems a good height to set it on…. Also maybe I am underestimating how hard it will be to fly with the iPhone mini…. Small display but sharp….. I guess all questions to be answered once I’m up and flying

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan