DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Calculate GPS coordinates

3 River UAS

Reactions
I have a survey of our property that provides bearing and distance to 27 points. Is there a tool or method to calculate GPS coordinates from that if I have coordinates to one of those points? My goal is to fly to each point, once there point gimbal down for a few seconds then raise it and move to each subsequent point and repeat. Some points are in very dense undergrowth and aren’t easy to reach.

I have a survey of our property that provides bearing and distance to 27 points. Is there a tool or method to calculate GPS coordinates from that if I have coordinates to one of those points? My goal is to fly to each point, once there point gimbal down for a few seconds then raise it and move to each subsequent point and repeat. Some points are in very dense undergrowth and aren’t easy to reach.

Use the calculator at the bottom of this webpage (you can enter a GPS location + distance and bearing, and get a resulting GPS location):

Reactions: Howard70
Dumb question here... just how accurate are the GPS positions that the drone will use? If you only need the drone to center on the corner within something like 20-30 feet of the actual point, this will suffice, I'm sure. But if you need to nail that point down to under a couple of feet, you are probably going to need something rather more expensive than your ordinary drone.

3 River
If it is only 27 points then use Grid Reference Finder.
No sorry that's only in the UK.

There is also a way of using the C1 button to record points but I forget how that is done. But I found this.

Last edited:
Use the calculator at the bottom of this webpage (you can enter a GPS location + distance and bearing, and get a resulting GPS location):
Thank you this works. Most of the points have some type of survey marker but over the years some are overgrown and others missing or ambiguous (oak tree, fence post etc). This will get me close enough to help locate them.

Reactions: dawgpilot
3 River
If it is only 27 points then use Grid Reference Finder.
No sorry that's only in the UK.

There is also a way of using the C1 button to record points but I forget how that is done. But I found this.
This is a good primer for me. Thanks for the reply and link.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78