DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Calibrate Control Sticks Error Message

RussOnTheRoad

Reactions
Seems like every other time I fire up my Mavic 2 Zoom and Smart Controller I get an error message that the control sticks are not centered and that I must recalibrate them. Is there some sort of known issue about this? It would be really nice not to have to do this over and over and over again.

Do you have a magnetic usb cord plugged into the side? I've heard they interfere with the hall effect sensors in the sticks.

The calibration shows completed when you do these?
There are controll wheels in the mix also.

The calibration shows completed when you do these?
There are controll wheels in the mix also.

Yes. It shows completed and the control wheels too if I am not mistaken.

The on-screen instructions are unclear. They say to move the sticks to fill the squares or something like that. What that means is a mystery but I found by experimenting that if I moved both sticks at the same time to their extremes and moved the white balls around the perimeters of the squares that the outer borders of the squares could be made to turn blue and when all the space was blue the controller would indicate Done. The control wheels I am not so sure about... memory a little fuzzy.

the controller wheels are part of the process.

Last edited:
Reactions: Terry63
the controller wheels are part of the process.
The video to which you linked does not show the Control Stick calibration proceedure but rather something else. The Control Stick Calibration shows a box a the top of the screen that has two panes: the left pane of the box is labeled Control Sticks and the right pane is labeled Dial. It is accessed from the Home screen (drone disconnected) by pulling down from the top and tapping on Control Stick Calibration.

The link provided is truly a controll stick video.
I’m not sure of any other way to do it.
If there is another way, that would be news to me.
What other method are you using?

Yes, but that applies to the regular remote, to Mavic Pro, and was published February 2017. SC may be different and even with the regular controller, the app may have it different now. App user interfaces for the P3 had changed drastically over it's life.

The link provided is truly a controll stick video.
I’m not sure of any other way to do it.
If there is another way, that would be news to me.
What other method are you using?
The video to which you linked does not show the Smart Controller. On my Smart Controller there are separate processes to calibrate the controller itself and calibrating the control sticks/dials. Calibrating the controller involves moving the controller around in space and not the sticks. It's built in to the controller or GO4.

Last edited:
I have been consistently getting a stick error with my Mavic 2 Zoom controller, model RC1A.

I often have to callibrate the sticks several times before it stops beeping, and there doesn't seem to be any consistency to why it is needing this callibration. Sometimes it will start beeping for a few seconds and then just stop before I get a chance to callibrate.

It has been getting more frequent, to the point where almost every time I power it on I have to go through this. Is anyone else experiencing this???

I get the stick error EVERY TIME I turn on the controller. I go through the calibration EVERY time!!!! The beeping is VERY loud and very annoying!!!! I wish I could get this to stop doing it. The calibration doesn't seem to stick (pardon the pun)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato