DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Calibration

ksull72487

Reactions
I have been a believer in making sure your Mavic is air worthy. I always check the props for one. A bad prop will cause drifts especially in ATTI Mode. When doing a calibration I advise to do it in this order. IMU, Compass and Gimbal and finally the remote. The remote isn't a big deal but it's handy to check. Make sure this is all done on a completely level surface. Clean and free of crumbs etc. A table may not be as level as you think. Take a bubble to check.

The main reason for this post is I always advised not calibrating the VPS. I did on my computer a SurfaceBook. Let me just say it was easy and the flight was very stable and obstacle avoidance picked up right away.

Magnetic interference is important for a calibration but what most people talk about with magnetic interference is overkill. Just be careful on your flight after doing so. I always recommend a 5 foot hover and then spinning the aircraft a full 360 degrees this helps the compass maintain orientation and allows you to judge if everything is ok for flight. The Mavic does make adjustments and minor calibrations in flight. So a small test of its controls won't hurt before you fly off.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: hkdman
Question to this. I noticed my Mavic drifting slightly right while moving forward. I calibrated the remote and it returned to normal.

The question is, should I recalibrate everything when this happens, or should I be fine. I've only flown a total of 57 minutes and I'm new to calibrating. I'm used to manual calibration on non smart quads.

Thanks!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imMike507