DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

calling the tower for permission to fly a drone

Actually that would be a heck of a lot easier. Did you hear in their voices how annoyed they were?

It depends on how busy the airport is. If youre asking clearance for SFO or LAX, and I was a controller, I would be annoyed too, and the answer would be a quick no. Busier airspaces sometimes dont even let non turbine private aircraft transit their airspace, much less a $1000 drone.

Too much coffee again. Sorry.

It depends on how busy the airport is. If youre asking clearance for SFO or LAX, and I was a controller, I would be annoyed too, and the answer would be a quick no. Busier airspaces sometimes dont even let non turbine private aircraft transit their airspace, much less a $1000 drone.

That's why it's just a pain to call a tower or manager.. Unless a very small airport where the best pictures and Video are anyway.... why fly over or close to a major airport? It's all concrete and houses you wouldn't want to live in.

Reactions: Former Member
Tampa International has a website you can submit your notifications. It covers 3 airports in the area. They also have a map showing height limit in 4 directions, which would be their takeoff/approach. Looked quite reasonable.

With the new law and regs, FAA is going to need to step up LAANCE.

Hey @Cheech Wizard do you happen to know this guy? He was my favorite cartoon character back in the old days. Biggest bada** in National Lampoon. Couldnt wait every issue to see his new exploits.

View attachment 48646

YES I DO! I was that guy in the 70's National lampoon .. I had a subscription for years. Da Hat. haha. Best Magazine in it's time... better than Rolling Stone by far.

There is documentary on the about the beginning and the end of National lampoon, Really interesting.

National Lampoon: Drunk Stoned Brilliant Dead (2015) - IMDb

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jtlesn