DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Camera control problems \Mavic 2 Pro & Litchi

Jeff A

Well Worn Member
Reactions
I fly a Mavic 2 Pro and use an iPad mIni 4 as a control device. For well over a year I have been flying a Litchi Mission over a friends new home construction site. I circle the property at 150' and take 12 photos. The last couple of video shoots the camera would wander in and down and not stay focused on the POI. I live 77 miles from the site so I came home and created a similar mission a park a block away from my house. I was able to duplicate the problem. Between a couple of my tests I discovered that my Firmware had a mis-match with between two parts of the system. I corrected this and flew a test flight. It corrected the problem fo the camera oscillating up and down BUT as the drown proceeded from one waypoint to the other the aircraft would pivot around it's vertical axix so as to arrive at the next waypoint pointed to the POI. Keep in mind that this mission just fly's a circle around the POI so the Drone actually flies sideways to shoot the mission. I had been corresponding with Litchi support and I was informed that I needed to go to Mission Settings and set the "Rotation Direction" to "Managed". Well, I am a Windows user and flight plan using the Litchi Hub and there was no such value to set. Another day went by and I got the reply that said I had to use an iPad to set that value because that was not programmed into the Mission Hub settings. I did this and did yest another test flight and the aircraft flew the mission without doing 360's as it flew. That's the good news. The bad news is the camera is not controlled again!
The folks at VC Technology (The creators of Litchi) have been telling me all along that my Mini 4 is a marginal device for this task. Now, my trouble shooting has taken on a very expensive new investment. I'm wondering how many people with Mavic 2 drones who use Litchi with an iPad have had anything like this happen? I sorry this is so long but it's complicated and has been going on for a couple of weeks. Thanks for reading.

Why not just use the built-in POI feature in DJI Go 4 ?

my experiance with the missions with dji is it is complex and it never has worked as easy and as good as litchi ,But i,m flying a pro not to sure how the program works with pro 2

my experiance with the missions with dji is it is complex and it never has worked as easy and as good as litchi ,But i,m flying a pro not to sure how the program works with pro 2
It's simple and quite easy to run POI in the DJI app.

Why not just use the built-in POI feature in DJI Go 4 ?
If you are referring to Waypoints 2.0, the reason I don't use it is because I can't program it on my PC. Besides that, it's just kind of clunky.

If you are referring to Waypoints 2.0, the reason I don't use it is because I can't program it on my PC. Besides that, it's just kind of clunky.
No ... I didn't say anything about waypoints.
I was talking about the POI feature which is simple and easy to use.

Thanks to those that replied. I believe thyat I have solved thye problem but I can't pinpoint why I solved it. I have been using Litchi for a couple of years, first with a Mavic 2 Zoom and more recently with a Mavic 2 Pro.. It has been flawless and dependable up until I had this issue. VC Technology's response was somewhat vague. They sai8d it was either a "Bad Signal" or my device was too slow. Well, Airdata reports to me the Signal strength throughout the Mission And it has always been 100%. iPad 4 week? It's possible but I don't hear of any complaints here from other users. BTW, I started with a clean iPad Mini 4 and never used it for anything but flying my drone. I didn't install any apps except drone related except for an app that I communicate with my Health Care provider.

Ok, here is what I did. Like all of the phones and tablets, my Mini came with Bloatware installed. I UN-installed almost everything. It had plenty of free disk space when I started and has a little bit more when I was done. Next, I discovered that Bluetooth was turned on. I turned it off. I have never used anything Bluetooth with this tablet so I don't know how it got turned on

I have flown three missions since I did these things and they have been flawless. So maybe VC Technology is correct and the Mini 4 is marginal. It has 2GB og RAM and the Mini 5 has 3GB. Who knows. So I'll press on and keep an eye on it. Thanks again.

This one
i-zzM4BC3-M.jpg

And you get there from here:
i-Q9Sq6nf-M.jpg

No ... I didn't say anything about waypoints.
I was talking about the POI feature which is simple and easy to use.
I fly Missions with Multiple Waypoints and I program Litchi to execute a number of commands at each waypoint. Waypoints 2.0 will do this but it's a little crude by comparison. The biggest feature for me is programming from my PC. I take my time and study the terrain below the flight path carefully and compare the base map with the most up to date Google Earth images. If you have not seen an autonomous mission flown by a drone equiped with Litchi, it is really something to behold.

Reactions: halifax
If you have not seen an autonomous mission flown by a drone equiped with Litchi, it is really something to behold.
I'm well aware of Litchi and have used it a lot for construction site monitoring fly-arounds.
But for POI I always used the DJI POI feature because it's so simple.

Note that Litchi only uploads the waypoints to the M2P. The RC remains in control of the camera pitch at all times. Therefore, when you lose connection, the camera will remain in its last position. That said, when the RC signal becomes weak, you might experience some erratic vertical camera movements.

Reactions: halifax
I fly Missions with Multiple Waypoints and I program Litchi to execute a number of commands at each waypoint. Waypoints 2.0 will do this but it's a little crude by comparison. The biggest feature for me is programming from my PC. I take my time and study the terrain below the flight path carefully and compare the base map with the most up to date Google Earth images. If you have not seen an autonomous mission flown by a drone equiped with Litchi, it is really something to behold.
I agree, Litchi is fantastic. I have been using Litchi Waypoints since the phantom 3 Pro came out.
that's a long time. KC7GHT

I get a kick out of the ladys voice and the stress in it when you lose signal or the first i heard was with my spark when she asked if the drone could come home if you use litchi very much you know what i,m talking about

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada