DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Camera drift

akdrone

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I have emailed dji support on this but thought I'd check in here because as it turns out there are some sharp cookies here... With my Mavic 3 (never with my FPV) when I am viewing a scene and choose to "look" down using the scroll wheel, when I stop moving the scroll wheel (take my finger off) the view continues to move down and I have to correct that motion by scrolling "up" with the wheel ever so slightly. I often over correct. If I don't stop the downward trend, just taking my finger off, it will sometimes stop by itself around 10Degrees further or it may continue till the camera is pointed all the way down. This never happens with my FPV and it's making me crazier than I normally am. Currently I'm running down the street naked, shouting. Normally I don't shout. Help my poor neighbors out. They don't like the noise. Thoughts?

I have emailed dji support on this but thought I'd check in here because as it turns out there are some sharp cookies here... With my Mavic 3 (never with my FPV) when I am viewing a scene and choose to "look" down using the scroll wheel, when I stop moving the scroll wheel (take my finger off) the view continues to move down and I have to correct that motion by scrolling "up" with the wheel ever so slightly. I often over correct. If I don't stop the downward trend, just taking my finger off, it will sometimes stop by itself around 10Degrees further or it may continue till the camera is pointed all the way down. This never happens with my FPV and it's making me crazier than I normally am. Currently I'm running down the street naked, shouting. Normally I don't shout. Help my poor neighbors out. They don't like the noise. Thoughts?
Seems like your gimbal control settings maybe off or to extreme.
I would check your gimbal pitch speed and smoothness settings to be sure the are not to aggressive.

Same happens with my MA2. Moving the wheel fully up and down a few times before turning the controller on seems to help.

Try reducing gimbal pitch smoothness.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661