DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Camera haywire

Buzzz5

Reactions
Hey pilots, I recently replaced the ribbon cable in my m1pro and now when the gimbal powers up it goes backwards and the camera tries to point toward the body of the drone. I promptly tore it all back down and checked all the connections. Same problem. Any ideas? I’m about ready to just order a brand new gimbal/camera/board assembly and be done with it. Anyone know what I did wrong?

Hey pilots, I recently replaced the ribbon cable in my m1pro and now when the gimbal powers up it goes backwards and the camera tries to point toward the body of the drone. I promptly tore it all back down and checked all the connections. Same problem. Any ideas? I’m about ready to just order a brand new gimbal/camera/board assembly and be done with it. Anyone know what I did wrong?
I am by no means an expert, but did you try a camera calibration ?

Why did you change the ribbon cable? Is it possible that the replacement cable has crossed connections? Have you tried another ribbon cable?
At a guess the replacement cable is not genuine DJI so it's made by someone else, could you get one from an alternative supplier or scavenge a cable from a wrecked drone?.
I don't know if it is feasible but if you have a multimeter with needle tipped probs could you compare the continuities of the connections between the original cable and the new one?

Reactions: Buzzz5
Don't waste money on a new camera and gimbal, you may still be getting bad results. Just send it to DJI and they will send you a new/refurbished drone for the cost of their repair. You can't beat that.

By the way, when I bought my first DJI drone, it was the Mavic Pro and after about 2 weeks the camera went crazy, for no apparent reason. I flew it and landed it, perfectly. Changed the battery and went to take off again and suddenly the camera was going crazy on startup, jiggling all over the place.

It was a week before I was heading to Europe, so I had to have our local official DJI sales and repair place, replace the whole assembly because it would take DJI 2-3 weeks before they could get mine back to me under warranty. That hurt my finances, but I had no other choice, if I wanted to take the drone with me on holiday.

From stories I've heard, the gimbal is the one thing that seems to be the hardest to get right, after damage, when doing your own repairs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Buzzz5
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike