DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can care refresh be transferred to new drone replacement?

pinzmann

Reactions
So just received my mini 3 from B&H. Have not activated it yet. When I do I will get the care refresh. If it proves defective and I have to send it back to B&H for a replacement, will the care refresh be transferred to the replacement? Will DJI do this? I realize that I have 48 hrs to register but not sure I can test in that amount of time. I would really prefer to deal with B&H for the replacement if needed.

It used to be that such a transfer was possible, whether or not it is still an option I do not know but suspect it would be.
From memory there were and probably still are, one or more threads concerning this over on the DJI Forum and in which DJI Mods gave either instruction on how to do it or provided appropriate links.
You would need to do a google to find those threads.

Last edited:
So just received my mini 3 from B&H. Have not activated it yet. When I do I will get the care refresh. If it proves defective and I have to send it back to B&H for a replacement, will the care refresh be transferred to the replacement? Will DJI do this? I realize that I have 48 hrs to register but not sure I can test in that amount of time. I would really prefer to deal with B&H for the replacement if needed.
If you send it to DJI, you can easily transfer the care refresh to the replacement drone.
not sure if it’s the same if you do it via B&H.

If you send it to DJI, you can easily transfer the care refresh to the replacement drone.
not sure if it’s the same if you do it via B&H.
In the U.K. your first 12 months warranty is with the company you purchased the drone from, with my mini 2 was 11 months into my first year when a fault developed, the shop I bought it from collected, contacted DJI , and DJI authorised a new replacement and yes my 2 year care was transferred to to replacement, I was not involved other to contact the original shop seller, cheers Len

Reactions: eva2000
In the U.K. your first 12 months warranty is with the company you purchased the drone from, with my mini 2 was 11 months into my first year when a fault developed, the shop I bought it from collected, contacted DJI , and DJI authorised a new replacement and yes my 2 year care was transferred to to replacement, I was not involved other to contact the original shop seller, cheers Len
Len, just for the record, I think you would find that DJI would have also have dealt directly with you.

If I don’t get the care refresh initially, will the controller prompt me to get the refresh during the next 48 hrs or do I have to contact DJI?

If I don’t get the care refresh initially, will the controller prompt me to get the refresh during the next 48 hrs or do I have to contact DJI?
if you don't obtain care refresh the very first time you are asked then you have the option to get care refresh at dji.com and i am not 100% you'll be asked again after the first time....meaning, i wouldn't rely on any sort of prompting. in the event you miss out, the video verification (if available) is such an easy process particularly when dealing with an almost new drone.

I came across this thread when searching for answers, I bought a new drone, activated it, turned out to be faulty, sent it back to the shop I bought it from (Curry’s) it got replaced with a new one, I activated that drone, all working fine, BUT how do transfer this drone & controller to the Care Refresh I bought for the faulty drone, when I go into my profile on GoFly it says Invalid where Care Refresh should be

You'll need to contact DJI for that support. Normally, you need to return and activated drone to DJI for both warranty and CareRefresh claims and DJI takes care of the making the CareRefresh update. Any change in CareRefresh, if even possible, will need to be done through DJI.

Reactions: Komatsu
You'll need to contact DJI for that support. Normally, you need to return and activated drone to DJI for both warranty and CareRefresh claims and DJI takes care of the making the CareRefresh update. Any change in CareRefresh, if even possible, will need to be done through DJI.
Hi Dave, I contacted the DJI forum which I find is much more help than DJI online help, to cut a long story short it is possible to do what I was wanting incase anyone in the future needs to, an email to DJI with all the relevant details had my Care Refresh and new drone bound together in 2 hours

Reactions: Joe Horn
I came across this thread when searching for answers, I bought a new drone, activated it, turned out to be faulty, sent it back to the shop I bought it from (Curry’s) it got replaced with a new one, I activated that drone, all working fine, BUT how do transfer this drone & controller to the Care Refresh I bought for the faulty drone, when I go into my profile on GoFly it says Invalid where Care Refresh should be
I ran into the same problem and I can confirm what you say: You don't necessarily need to make the swap of the drone with DJI.

I bought my M3P at AMAZON and immediately linked my 2Y Care Refresh to it. I made my first flight and noticed my drone was not capable of focusing any further then about 1m. Everything else was out of focus, no matter what setting I used. (I noticed the drone trying to change the focus but was stuck)

I contacted DJI support and they confirmed I could swap out the drone through AMAZON (a LOT quicker: Amazon sent the -new- drone the same day, even when my broken was was not sent back yet, let alone arrived at their facilities)

So, exactly one day later the new one arrived and proved to be a perfectly working item.
Meanwhile I sent the broken item back to amazon. As soon as it arrived there, I got a confirmation mail from them stating "the broken drone was at their facilities" which I then forwarded to DJI support.
One day later my care refresh was transfered and I got a confirmation mail from them.

So in short:
  1. swap the drone with your supplier/store
  2. get confirmation from them the broken one is there.
  3. Bind new drone to your account
  4. mail DJI support with the confirmation that broken drone is at store again.
The whole process took 3 actual days. Amazing...

Day1: organizing the swap, getting return label and sending back.
Day 2: receiving the new drone, binding it to account, mailing DJI support with all details and confirmation (drone arrived at amazon one day later)
Day 3: confirmation of Care Refresh swap by DJI support)

PS: Second reason I hesitated to send the broken drone to DJI itself, apart from it taking about a week to get the new drone, was that I was afraid they would have taken this as a first of my 3 replacements. But afterwards I think that was not necessary because the DJI support also mailed me a label (if I wanted tot send it to them) and it stated clearly "DOA Department", which probably stands for 'Death On Arrival' Department?

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szost557