DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can I Fly Here?

JAW

Did I Just Back Into That Tree?
Reactions
Other than possible local ordinances, is there any reason I can't fly in the highlighted area?
Thanks.

Thanks for the link. Unfortunately, I can't run Airmap on my iPad, but I'll check it on my PC later.

I would contact the Circle P private airfield manager:

just in case they run anything from there into your area. Dont go too far south off the beach, restricted in that blue hatched polygon. Dont cross the red line in this drawing...9842D146-7EB8-4103-B2E1-BFA69C3B201B.jpeg

Reactions: JAW
You should be good to go there but be warned.. .there was a LOT of low flying traffic there when I was there last time. I was flying next to the Ruddy Duck (spelling?) so I wasn't out as far as you're going but there was a lot of traffic (some of it military).

Some of the best footage of my career was shot in that area for the Travel Channel.

I always call the local private airport sites near where I fly, got a free ride in a Pitts once after calling a private airport manager/owner, it was a nauseating, but really fun blast!

@JAW There is an App for the same site/mapping

Reactions: Thomas B and JAW
@AMann
No airport manager(?). Its a dirt strip used for emergency landings by crop dusters that haven't flown there in years. But thanks for the tip.

@BigAl07
True dat!. Especially rotary wing. It's the route they take going from New River to Cherry Point Marine facilities. And yes, I certainly know the Ruddy Duck---I have a beer mug there.?

So I checked both Airmap and the updated B4UFly programs and both say I'm good to go.

Thanks for all the help.

Reactions: AMann and BigAl07
Check out the Eastern NC issue of Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern.... you'll see some sites you will recognize (inside and out)

Reactions: JAW and Thomas B
Check out the Eastern NC issue of Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern.... you'll see some sites you will recognize (inside and out)
Start at about 26 minute mark for aerial pics as it’s a cooking class before that... unless you like cooking of course.

• Haha
Reactions: BigAl07
Start at about 26 minute mark for aerial pics as it’s a cooking class before that... unless you like cooking of course.

They scattered our aerials into several of the intros etc. I'd love to go back and re-shoot that knowing what I know now :)

Reactions: Thomas B
Neat! Except the announcer referred to "the nearby town of Beaumont" which is actually Beaufort.

• Haha
Reactions: BigAl07
you are good. be careful of the yellow... populated area.. wow that's really right in between things.. Blue barred lines is totally restricted and the magenta barred line is Military Operations. You can fly there but with extreme caution... if I remember my part 107 right.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jigjjihhwohekjgh2857